Matthew Henry's Whole Bible Commentary

Ltu4Him

Hello Brandon

I have SS version 4.7 and I've noticed that MHWBC is not complete. If I go to the Matthew Henry website, I then find everything. Could this have been a glich on my disc or is this the norm. The MHWBC on SS is indeed bigger than the partial commentary but not complete. I realize that I can download it from the MH site but it is far better to have it in Sword Searcher. Thanks for any help.

Larry

As far as I know, there is nothing missing from the MHWBC commentary in SwordSearcher. Can you give an example?

Note that because of the way the Henry structured his commentary, verse comments appear in "clusters" at the end of various passages. Henry did not comment strictly verse-by-verse, but by passage. For example, the commentary for 2Cor 5:16-21 appears on 2Cor 5:21. So if you are looking at 2Cor 5:16 and want to see Henry's commentary, you need to glance over at the margin links and look down until you see a MHWBC link, which appears on 2Cor 5:21.

I was reading Genesis 49:5 and found nothing in SS but did on the MH website.

Ltu4Him said:
I was reading Genesis 49:5 and found nothing in SS but did on the MH website.

This is an example of what I described. Henry's commentary on Genesis 49:5 is a commentary on a passage -- Genesis 49:5 through 7. You will find what you are looking for on Genesis 49:7. When it comes to MHWBC, you can look at the margin links in the Bible display and just scroll down until you see a MHWBC link to find Henry's commentary on a verse.

I think, based on your feedback, that it would be helpful if the module included symbolic links on verses that appear in a passage commentary, to make locating the commentary easier. I'll be considering this as an enhancement.

You're absolutely right Brandon. Thanks for getting me up to speed.

Larry

Brandon Staggs said:
I think, based on your feedback, that it would be helpful if the module included symbolic links on verses that appear in a passage commentary, to make locating the commentary easier. I'll be considering this as an enhancement.

In each verse WITHOUT commentary, how about putting a link to the verse WITH the commentary?

KenJ

Yes, that's the idea. Most commentaries don't need this, as the commentary is usually verse-specific. I'll add this modification of the MHWBC commentary to the to-do list.

Back