Memory Verses

wsbones

Beta Tester
I've been thinking I should do more memorization. I created a book module to help me with that. The first topic contains links to an empty topic for each book of the Bible. When I find a verse I want to memorize, I'll open the MEM module and select that book. Then I'll add the only the reference into that entry. When I want to test myself I can just hover over the reference to see if I remembered it. Eventually I'll have several memory verses for each book of the Bible - some more, some less. I can review and hopefully learn them more easily.

Here's a link to an installer: http://wsbones.googlepages.com/MEM.exe

It contains a graphic that will be put in this directory. C:\Program Files (x86)\SwordSearcher 5\Images\MyImages\

The module is editable if you want to change the location of the graphic in the topic called _Table of Contents

Awesome, Bill! Thanks for another wonderful module! :)

I second Marty's comments!

I actually got it to work! (Don't ask me to explain it tho). Thanks, as Marty said, for another wonderful module. Let's see if my Scripture memorization increases :).

Ruthlyn

Bill, again thank you for your wonderful link Memory Verse, I was telling a young christian about it last night who is not on our forum nor does she have S/S, and she asked if there is a copy write to it or would it be OK if she downloaded it herself.

Many thanks, and every blessing.

I've been going through the Bible, book by book, adding verses I want to remember to this module. It would be a neat feature in SS to be able to hit a key (like M) on a selected verse and have it get inserted into the list of verses in the correct book entry in the MEM module.

This 'one key' approach could replace switching to the book module, opening the correct entry in edit mode and typing the verse reference into the list and then saving it and going back to the Bible pane. It could also keep the list sorted.

A memory verse capability seems like it would be a great standard feature for SS. It could be implemented in a different way, of course.

Any opinion?

When I finish going through the Bible, I'll post the results. I've been trying to find one or two key verses in each chapter - some more, some less.

Also, Marty sent me a copy of a modified MEM module that has the entries in book order rather than alphabetic order. If you are interested you can download that module at http://wsbones.googlepages.com/MEMnum.ss5book

I've been going through the Bible, book by book, adding verses I want to remember to this module. It would be a neat feature in SS to be able to hit a key (like M) on a selected verse and have it get inserted into the list of verses in the correct book entry in the MEM module.

This 'one key' approach could replace switching to the book module, opening the correct entry in edit mode and typing the verse reference into the list and then saving it and going back to the Bible pane. It could also keep the list sorted.

A memory verse capability seems like it would be a great standard feature for SS. It could be implemented in a different way, of course.

Any opinion?

Wouldn't that be a neat feature? The only thing that I would add is that sometimes I copy several verses together - like a whole paragraph or context. This has been a great new module, Bill - revived my memorization. Thanks!

Can you simply open the mod and use ctrl+alt+v to post verses there?

I went through all the Bible and added "memorable" verses to the MEM module, book by book. If you want a copy, you can download it here:

http://wsbones.googlepages.com/MEM.ss5book

It contains 2899 verses. These are verses that I would underline or highlight in a paper Bible. I am sure I missed somebody's favorite and probably added a few that might be questioned but overall it's a good start.

It just contains the references so you must hover the mouse over a verse to see the text. It also shows a Bible margin link for MEM verses as you are reading in the Bible window.

Hi Bill, I am in trouble again, I had downloaded your "MEM Verse" module and was working fine, about the middle of last week I lost it. though it was still in the S/S Module etc it never appeared in my "S/S Book file" I have deleted it and rerun the module 4/5 times but nothing happens.
I am using "Microsoft office word 2007" and at times when I download some of your modules I get gobbly gook messages can you help with that also.
yours in Christ Jesus.

thanks.

Try right clicking on this link and then do "save link as":
http://wsbones.googlepages.com/MEM.exe

When you save it, keep track of where it gets put on your hard drive. It will probably go to your desktop by default. Then go find it and run it by double clicking. That will install it into SS. It will be an empty module with entries for each book.

If you want to download the list of verses that I added to this module, right click on this link and do "save link as" and save it in your swordsearcher user directory.
http://wsbones.googlepages.com/MEM.ss5book

It will ask you if you want to replace the existing file. Say yes or OK and everything should be working.

By the way, you don't want to use Microsoft Word to open SSbooks, EXE files or anything other than text or doc files. They will look like garbage.

Good luck,

Thanks Bill, got it back on again, but I am still having a problem with the verse list, and Marty's module. When I download Marty's and your verse list, it keeps downloading it into Microsoft word 2007 its self, I don't get an opportunity to swordsearcher user directory no matter how much I try.
any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Bill, got it back on again, but I am still having a problem with the verse list, and Marty's module. When I download Marty's and your verse list, it keeps downloading it into Microsoft word 2007 its self, I don't get an opportunity to swordsearcher user directory no matter how much I try.
any help would be appreciated.

Try right-clicking the link for downloading and selecting "save target as" or "save link as." That should give you an option to tell it where to put it.

thanks Bill and Brandon,got them all working now.

hello all.

I havn't received my SS yet (its in the mail) but just wanted to comment on this if I could...

If it was organize by doctrine also would be great.

I also like the old stand by .. an index card carried in my pocket for those few moments thru out the day that I can re-read the verse,mediate upon it.Its amazing what The Holy Spirit will show you about that verse doing this.

hello all.

I havn't received my SS yet (its in the mail) but just wanted to comment on this if I could...

If it was organize by doctrine also would be great.

I also like the old stand by .. an index card carried in my pocket for those few moments thru out the day that I can re-read the verse,mediate upon it.Its amazing what The Holy Spirit will show you about that verse doing this.
Put a doctrine label next to each verse. Then use the f4 key to search the module for that label. All the verses will show up in the search window.

For those wanting to do something off line, in real time, and very portable and user friendly, I can recommend the Navigator's Topical Memory System.

Back