Microsoft Office 2010 Custom Dic

wsbones

Beta Tester
Bible.dic - A custom dictionary (zipped) for Office 2010 containing all Bible words. The default location for custom dictionaries is in C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UProof. In Word go to the File/Options/Proofing add it as a custom dictionary. USERID is your user name.

I made this from the words in the SwordsSearcher KJV. There are no punctuation marks like apostrophes or dashes in the dictionary. It does have capitalization and plurals.

How nifty! Thanks, Bill!! :)

Hi Bill;
I'm new to Word 2010, have an evaluation copy that I downloaded.
Can you help me download the dictionary and how to use it?

Also, where can I find Word for a reasonable price?
Looking for home and student version.
Thank You,
Gary

Re: Microsoft Office 2010 Custom Dick

Bill,

Thank you for all those little helpful SS tools and addins! This Word 2010 addin will help me with my seminary work! :)

~Dave

Hi Bill;
I'm new to Word 2010, have an evaluation copy that I downloaded.
Can you help me download the dictionary and how to use it?

Also, where can I find Word for a reasonable price?
Looking for home and student version.
Thank You,
Gary

Hi Gary,
Click the link in the previous post. You should get a dialog box asking to save or open the file. You want to save it. That should cause the file to be downloaded. Keep track of where it gets saved. It's in zip format so you have to unzip it. Then the file needs to be defined as a custom dictionary in Word. You can place the Bible.dic file in the default location for Word (In Word, click File/Options/Proofing - Custom Dictionaries) or you can browse for the Bible.dic file in any location on the hard drive.

I bought Office Home and Student from Amazon. It is $115 with free shipping.

Hi Bill,

I did all that you said to do... but how does it work? I still get the red line when I type in specific Bible terminology. Is there some way to choose the custom dictionary for a specific document. I've been checking but cannot find out how :(

Ruthlyn

Hi Bill,

I did all that you said to do... but how does it work? I still get the red line when I type in specific Bible terminology. Is there some way to choose the custom dictionary for a specific document. I've been checking but cannot find out how :(

Ruthlyn

When I paste Gen 1 into a word doc, I have no red lines. There are some green and blue for grammar and usage but no spelling. I am attaching a picture of Word File Options Proofing screen. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• snap091.jpg
    snap091.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 307
I installed it into Word OK. I think, cannot run it though, I also tried to un zip it from my hard drive, nothing.
Using Windows 7, which is a pain at times, please hwlp, step by step, if you can?
Gary

I added the dictionary to my Word 2000 and it works just fine! Many thanks! :)

(I was able to add it as a second dictionary and it recognizes all the "eths" as regular words. Very happy -- see! :D)

When I paste Gen 1 into a word doc, I have no red lines. There are some green and blue for grammar and usage but no spelling. I am attaching a picture of Word File Options Proofing screen. Hope that helps.

Thanks, the picture really helped... I realized I had to go and add it manually to the custom dictionaries... I thought when I extracted the file to the path you gave that it would automatically come up but it didn't... my Proofing looks like yours now :), and everything works fine. Thanks again Bill.

Ruthlyn

If it helps anyone struggling to add the Bible.dic, in my Word 2000, here's what I did:

Opened Word and clicked on Tools > Options, then clicked on the tab for Spelling & Grammar. In the middle of the box that appeared, I saw CUSTOM.DIC with a button next to it that says "Dictionaries..." I clicked on Dictionaries... and in the new little window that appeared, I clicked on the button that says "Add", and that opened up a new window. At the top of the new window is a drop-down that gives the path of the currently-listed custom dictionary. I clicked on the drop-down and saw that the path was Documents and Settings > User1 > Application Data > Microsoft > Proof.

I downloaded the Bible.dic file that Bill provided to that folder (Proof) and then went back into Word and under the Add button in Tools > Options > Spelling & Grammar > Dictionaries..., I clicked on the box in front of Bible.dic to check it and make it active. Now Word will use both CUSTOM.DIC and Bible.dic when doing spell check.

Job done! Wasn't that simple? :)

Back