Millenniallist and Tribulationist Types

eddiefrye

:?:
Which one is the correct one in agreement based on scripture? There are so many different viewpoints today.

Pre, Mid, Post Mill?
Pre, Mid, Post Trib?
Dispensational?
Historic?

God Bless and Thank You...

Eddie

RevTim

Beta Tester
:?:
Which one is the correct one in agreement based on scripture? There are so many different viewpoints today.

Pre, Mid, Post Mill?
Pre, Mid, Post Trib?
Dispensational?
Historic?

Eddie
Eddie, you must know that this can be quite a divisive question. Personally I don't think it ought to be, but it is. And I also believe good saints can differ and just because someone disagrees with me doesn't mean they are a heretic (although I'll stoke the fires just in case :eek: ;) :p ).

With that said, I believe the teaching(s) which squares best with my own study of Scriptures is the pre-mil, pre-trib, and a dispensational view. These may not have always been the "historic" terms used by saints throughout all the ages from the time of Christ, and I believe we can point to times in history when other positions were the "populist" view. But I believe these positions all square with the complete revelation of God, once given.

I don't have time right now to give Scripture references for these points, but I also don't believe in reinventing the wheel. So let me suggest some books which you could read which would do a better job than I ever could.

Perhaps THE single best commentary on Revelation (and these issues) I have ever read is Revelation Visualized by Salem Kirban (a born again Arab) and Gary Cohen (a born again Jew).

I was much disappointed with Tim LaHaye's Prophecy Bible, but the basic information contained therein is good. And of course Walvoord's Revelation and Ryrie's Basic Theology are pretty standard fare.

These will all give a fair representation to the positions I support, but don't expect them to make a case for other views (though Kirban's work is very good even in that respect).

Here are some online resources, again supporting my view:

http://members.aol.com/RSy2717/bible.html
http://www.pre-trib.org/

I personally believe the biggest area of disagreement among the points you ask about is the pre-trib position. You will find many who believe in a post-trib and even a mid-trib position. I don't think there are too many post-mil or a-mil folks today, some but not many. And I think it's fair to say that most Christians are either dispensationalists or covenantal (sp?). Yet I believe if we can believe and agree in the fundamentals of the faith ~

1. The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:1; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8-9).
2. The Virgin Birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:27).
3. The Blood Atonement (Acts 20:28; Romans 3:25, 5:9; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 9:12-14).
4. The Bodily Resurrection (Luke 24:36-46; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, 15:14-15).
5. The inerrancy of the scriptures themselves (Psalms 12:6-7; Romans 15:4; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20).

~ then we can fuss and fume about other matters while still acknowledging we're in the same family of faith. See also 1 Cor. 3, 2 Cor. 5 and especially Rom. 14.

You can get a great document on the fundamentals @ www.eaec.org

When all is said and done, you won't be held accountable for what your pastor knew, what your brother or sister in Christ knew, what your Bible teacher, SS teacher, or friend who was discipling you knew, and believed, and applied, and lived before others -- you will answer for you.

Thus the most important thing in a matter like this is you ALWAYS ~ 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Hope this helps. Blessings.

eddiefrye

:grin:
I really do appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me.
I have been studying the scriptures before and since this post and my view is pre-mil, pre-trib, and dispensational as well.

Your brother in Christ,
Eddie