Module Books Information Question

Pastor Langley

1 - When a book is uploaded as Read Only. Does that book also stay read only when downloaded from Forum?

2 - When I renamed a book inside of SwordSearcher (Module Information section) it also removed the "user created Forge information I created".
$$ {AUTHORDETAIL}
<p>A companion to book module - "MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD ON HIGH". Fasting and Prayer in the life of a Missionary with his Commentary on Isaiah 58 and a study of the Jews and the price they paid for us to have our Bible. Created in SwordSearcher and Forge - David Langley<p>Author - Michael D. Bentley. <p>Created in SwordSearcher and Forge.
Goes back to this:
User module last edited 7/3/2024 6:44:31 AM.
So could someone explain what I did wrong, thought the $$ {AUTHORDETAIL} would stay the same, it is a editable book.

It stays read only when downloaded.

You can run the book through again forge with the new name and abbreviation. I don't know why the authordetail would be lost.

So could someone explain what I did wrong, thought the $$ {AUTHORDETAIL} would stay the same, it is a editable book.
No, if the book is edited in SwordSearcher, SwordSearcher changes the authordetail internally with a notice about the last edit time. Anything you put in there with Forge will be replaced in that case.

I don't think this has come up before as a request, but I'll add this to my feature request list -- to make editing the info page possible from within SwordSearcher (which would disable the automatic editing notice that SwordSearcher puts there).

Thanks it was a concern only because learning. That may have been my “ next question” dunno? I have figured out what to do though. So export edit use Forge to keep. Thanks.

Back