Module Copy Edit and Non-Edit

Pastor Langley

Would it be safe to say that to test my new book module, make a copy with different name then load both and see them on my screen? Only way I know to do this for a test run locally. Thinking this module will be non-edit since it is in book form. It is a missionary that wrote the book. Any ideas out there?

Would it be safe to say that to test my new book module, make a copy with different name then load both and see them on my screen? Only way I know to do this for a test run locally. Thinking this module will be non-edit since it is in book form. It is a missionary that wrote the book. Any ideas out there?
You seem to have had a pretty good track record. Did you have any success?

Nope that did not work so I put it on hold. I still want the same book module for my personal use to be One copy original, and another copy Non-Editable. Have not had time to see what needs be done.

The part in parenthese stays same name when I simply copy the moddule, I think. Thats why it does not show up and is a conflict.
[MDB_Book] MDB Make Your Voice Heard On High

1. Export your module for Forge. You can do this from the User menu, "Advanced Module Maintenance," Export, "Export Module for Forge."
  2. Edit the exported file to change the module name.
  3. Use Forge to import the new module and make it non-editable.

Thanks will try!

1. Export your module for Forge. You can do this from the User menu, "Advanced Module Maintenance," Export, "Export Module for Forge."
  2. Edit the exported file to change the module name.
  3. Use Forge to import the new module and make it non-editable.
OK, I did that and wow good lesson on Forge. Now will you forgive me if I ask where are the images. All was good, fonts, layout, etc. So do I need to create an assets folder and give same name to get it to link the pics?

After Forge it was editable... Mmmm.
I gues now that I have the Book Module renamed (using Forge) I can use SwordSearcher to Zip it as Uneditable?
Hope I'm on the right track. Working on it now. Seems to going that way.
Got the images back after these steps.

MDB_Book.ss5book - Original
MDBB_2024.ss5book - New
MDB_Book-Assets - Original
MDBB_2024-Assets - New

Sorry I missed the check box and was about to make the job harder. Thank you Sir!
I am so thankful for you guys instructions.

Man I just learned something about Forge,
Now I'm like Trump "Forge Baby Forge"...
Humbly now I know very little...
One Happy Preacher here...
Thanks Brandon for that instruction.

What's with the .bak files, i'm seeing? I've seen this answered once here before.
They are backups of the same file for needed reasons.
But if the module is fine they could be deleted?
I only have 3 of these.

You seem to have had a pretty good track record. Did you have any success?
What did you mean, a pretty good track record?

So do I need to create an assets folder and give same name to get it to link the pics?
Sorry, I left this step out of my instructions. Copy the assets folder from the original module to a new folder with the name modified to match the new book. So you'll have two copies of the assets folder, one for each book.

What's with the .bak files, i'm seeing?
Well, Forge overwrites any file that already exists when creating its output. So it renames the pre-existing file to .bak instead of just deleting it, in case you make a mistake. You can delete the .bak files.

Thank you! Got it.

I guess I forgot that everyone see these forums, Ha! Thought you were looking over my shoulder. Ha! I like it thanks for the compliment!

Back