Module redone - Certain Efficacy of the Death of Christ by John Brine

p.s. Also Bro. LeRoy is in process of putting all the sermons by John Brine into one module (to prevent having eventually about 35 tabs).

I know that's not really funny, but it struck me as funny. Of course, it is a real concern, so thank-you for the attention to detail.

That link should have worked. You might try:

http://salvationbygracealone.com/broregie/SS5Only(notSS4orBelow)/Efficacy.ss5book

Please let me know if it does not work.

MGB,
Regie

Clicking that link on the page brings up the following:

SwordSearcher Bible Software resource module file [www.swordsearcher.com] [1165526618] THIS MODULE WAS BUILT BY A THIRD PARTY. THIS MODULE IS NOT PROVIDED BY THE PUBLISHERS OF SWORDSEARCHER.5CERTAIN EFFICACY OF THE DEATH OF CHRIST By John BrineEfficacyForge!Z?????5-??O?SS5RSCh??v??????6!P?O
g???6?  U.???-?0+K)?@)?1?S??$~b2@J?? 4????+>??+?~????:?,?|?,? N?8\?1?K
U1?_/1??)?>!3[g??%?h:??
?#1??m<????-? ~?XT?9h%?m#_?K?y?<??x@
? ^%? ?[8?X[Ix? -N-R??O)?IU?I,.QHM?,IMQ04?7?7200S??22?26S??U?

.....(truncated).....

I think there might be a problem.

SwordSearcher Bible Software resource module file [www.swordsearcher.com] [1165526618] THIS MODULE WAS BUILT BY A THIRD PARTY.

That's interesting -- your web browser is trying to show the file instead of downloading it.

Two things:

1. Try right-clicking the link and selecting "save target as..."

2. (For Regie) it's probably a good idea to zip the modules before you post them. If the server doesn't properly handle the file it could be corrupted during download, and any server knows how to handle a zip file. And zipping a file adds verification, so that when it's unzipped, you can know for sure it downloaded without error.

That's interesting -- your web browser is trying to show the file instead of downloading it.

Two things:

1. Try right-clicking the link and selecting "save target as..."

2. (For Regie) it's probably a good idea to zip the modules before you post them. If the server doesn't properly handle the file it could be corrupted during download, and any server knows how to handle a zip file. And zipping a file adds verification, so that when it's unzipped, you can know for sure it downloaded without error.

Yes, I see what you mean. But every other d/l link there, all I have to do is click and the windows box which allows you to choose to "find" or "save" or "cancel" comes up. So I think there must be a problem with this particular file, and I wanted Regie to know about it.

SwordSearcher Bible Software resource module file [www.swordsearcher.com] [1165526618] THIS MODULE WAS BUILT BY A THIRD PARTY. THIS MODULE IS NOT PROVIDED BY THE PUBLISHERS OF SWORDSEARCHER.5CERTAIN EFFICACY OF THE DEATH OF CHRIST By John BrineEfficacyForge!Z?????5-??O?SS5RSCh??v??????6!P?O
g???6?  U.???-?0+K)?@)?1?S??$~b2@J?? 4????+>??+?~????:?,?|?,? N?8\?1?K
U1?_/1??)?>!3[g??%?h:??
?#1??m<????-? ~?XT?9h%?m#_?K?y?<??x@
? ^%? ?[8?X[Ix? -N-R??O)?IU?I,.QHM?,IMQ04?7?7200S??22?26S??U?

.....(truncated).....

I think there might be a problem.
Before I try the zipping option Brandon suggested would you try (if you have not already) clicking on that file and telling it to SAVE it. When I did this and saved it to the folder SWORDSEARCHER USER MODULES it put it there and it worked ok.

Please let me know more as needed - I'm not trying to dodge the issue. :)

Thanks much & MGB,
Regie

Before I try the zipping option Brandon suggested would you try (if you have not already) clicking on that file and telling it to SAVE it. When I did this and saved it to the folder SWORDSEARCHER USER MODULES it put it there and it worked ok.

Please let me know more as needed - I'm not trying to dodge the issue. :)

Thanks much & MGB,
Regie

I did the right click / save as option and the file downloaded and seems to be fine in the program.

Please don't take this wrong, but I'm guessing others might have the same problem as I and may not realize to do this when all the others work by simple clicking? So do as you deem best, but I hope you can get it fixed.

Any update for Online?

In any event, thank-you again! Appreciate being able to build my SS library.

Back