More versions, please!

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member

terrpn

If I am reading your comment correctly, did you really say that you would like to read other versions that are NOT God's Word etc., is that correct? I am kind of flabbergasted at this statement, which is why I hope I am reading it wrong. "In order to be educated..." Look, and I say this with all kindness, I do not mean to be unkind, but well, how far do you want to go, do you read the Koran so that you know how to witness to a Muslim? Do you read books on satanism or black magic or whatever the devil worshippers use, I don't know and I don't want to know, but do you read those books so you know how to witness to one of them? I certainly hope not. Surely not! But if you - I mean anyone - wants to pick up any version of the Bible that is NOT God's Word (now that's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one) well, I mean why? So did He not specifically tell us in Revelation chapter 22 "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

And no, you do NOT get better understanding from any man-made translation - what, because it's easier to read? Good night, Irene. Get a good KJV study Bible, pull up your SwordSearcher for Strong's Greek and Hebrew meanings of words, read the commentaries in SS, get some of your own books and commentaries like Zodhiates or Kenneth Wuest or Smith.

I'll tell you what, too, if you want a quick look-see at the KJV Bible as compared to "modern" translations, take a look at AV1611.com, highly recommended website, not just by me. Just a bitty quote here from AV1611 front page, if I may: "Most Christians are unaware that there exists a significant difference between the KJV and Bible versions published in the last 100 yearsβ€”a difference of doctrine and authority, not one of mere dialect. They are told that the KJV is antiquated, hard to understand, and inaccurate... "The King James Bible Page aims to set the record straight: the KJV is God's word in English, and is the result of God's providential work of preservation throughout history. Modern versions of the Bible, on the other hand, are translations of manuscripts that have been transmitted in a secular form throughout history, tainted by liberal, un-believing scholarship as early as the days Paul began penning Holy Scripture under the inspiration of God."

Check it out, the comparison has already been done for you, plus AV1611 it has many other Bible study resources, KJV dictionary, etc. So you see, we do not need and I am sure that most SwordSearcher members to not want to incorporate within our SwordSearcher software program any Bible "translations" other than those which have already been inspired by the Lord to be included.

It is going to take me the rest of my life here on earth and then some, to read the Word and try to get as much knowledge and understanding of His Word - and then just when I think I learn something from one little Scripture, I read it again and it multiplies and I learn something new each time I read it. I mean where would one get the time to go off and read some other book that is, to quote brother Terrpn above, a perversion of what God originally wrote, what He wanted us to know? What an insult to our Creator, our Protector, our Shield and Buckler, our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, after all He has done for us at the Cross.

Listen, you want to be a good witness, don't waiver. DO get as full of His Word as you possibly can and I don't mean just in your spare time. You want to be a witness, the Truth is what they need to hear. They don't need entertainment, they don't need "easy," they need the Truth, Jesus Christ, the same yesterday AND today AND forever. They need joy, which is our strength. They need to know how much He loves them! You don't need to debate or discuss, you just need the Truth. Like a dear sister told me the other day, you are the only Jesus many people will see, I would say most, depends where you are, I suppose... You need to be a light.

Look, I know better than anyone that I am in the process of sanctification, I am NOT "there" yet, not even close, and I won't be until I go home to be with Jesus - even then I will be learning, I know it. But I am saved, I am redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, for which I am ever, wholeheartedly, and hopefully humbly grateful, fully aware that I don't deserve it. But if there is one thing I have learned in these past few years it is certainly that I don't want farce, I don't want fake, I don't even want anyone's opinion, I don't want the world's version of who they "think" God is; I just want to know what He says, I yearn for it, I am hungry for it, and I won't quit. God give me spiritual discernment, don't ever let me go off in any direction other than where you want me to be, Amen.

Now I know some people will get offended at this but oh, well. And I do apologize if I misunderstood your comment.
pretty good preaching there....

TerriP

Johnny NL

Johnny NL

Beli Barr, have a quick look at this, ...

Johnny NL

Oh My !!!!
This is awesome !

AMEN!!!!

Touchy subject for some, but to me, it is all clear as spring water.
WHY would I read the Word Of God with missing verses, and wrongly written.??????????
Sorry, this subject touches me .... A LOT !
KING JAMES 1611 IS THE ONLY TRUE WORD OF GOD.... There I said it !
(unless, I didn't understand that topic....then, sorry. :confused:)
I read other versions just as a comparison. I do use and read the KJV, however, in my short time as being a christian (only 4 years now) and in some of my studies I understand that the KJV is in itself a translation by other scholars. What makes those scholars any better than scholars of today?? I know that in today's time a lot do it for the money, don't deny that. Also, why could the scholars in the time of King James not have made errors in translation as well. Those kinds of things do we really know for sure? I also understand that not all of scripture was available when this translation took place and as far as I can tell additional manuscripts have been found that confirm and can also add to the version of King James. Please know that I am just trying to learn as much as I can but also make sure I stay true to the Word and what it says. As I stated earlier, I do use the KJV (which can be very hard to understand as it is hard to compare the language of the 1600's with today) but I like versions such as the NLT that really does explain a number of verses better but I use the KJV in a parallel/comparison environment to make sure it (NLT or any other version I use) explains the KJV in a more modern understanding. Thank you.

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
What makes those scholars any better than scholars of today?
It's night and day, really. There is no comparison. You might take a look at the module another user posted: The Translators Revived.

When I was a young Christian, I read the NIV. I later learned of many of the problems of it, including the bad source of the manuscripts from which it was translated (same ones as NLT), and God's providential hand in the translation of the King James Bible and the preservation of his word though it and its manuscript tradition. I have a website devoted to this topic since it is such a vital one: https://av1611.com/ and I have recorded some videos. This one serves as an introduction:

Having said all that, trying to bring this back to the original post: If someone wants to make other translations available to SwordSearcher users they are free to do so. I do not charge any money for publishers to use the module building tools for SwordSearcher. However, they do charge quite a bit and usually have licensing terms that my tiny company is just not able to comply with.