mp3 or wav sound?

Regie

Hello,

In the past I have put small portions of sermon comments on the internet and linked to them from SwordSearcher.

However, it looks to me like a person would be able to store these short comments on his computer (perhaps in the SwordSearcher User Module file) (like image files are) and reference that mp3 file (hopefully not wav) and play it. Then, it seems, that file would be transferrable to others.

Has anyone tried this? Will it work?

Thanks,
Regie

Hello,

In the past I have put small portions of sermon comments on the internet and linked to them from SwordSearcher.

However, it looks to me like a person would be able to store these short comments on his computer (perhaps in the SwordSearcher User Module file) (like image files are) and reference that mp3 file (hopefully not wav) and play it. Then, it seems, that file would be transferrable to others.

Has anyone tried this? Will it work?

Thanks,
Regie

Try doing a search for 'audio' on the forum. Bro Mike and I have put together audio books with links to audio scripture files like Scourby, McLean, Johnson.

Here is a link to an audio book where you can see how the the html is coded to reference files on your hard drive.

http://sites.google.com/site/wsbones/-Audio.txt?attredirects=0

I made some good progress today with this from what you sent me in that link. One commentary entry I made works ok for me but on a friend's computer it would not work no matter what I did. Other entries did work. I am prone to think that Vista stinks. :) LOL

I did these in mp3 format and to open with RealAudio.

Thanks much for your help.

MGB,
Regie

I made some good progress today with this from what you sent me in that link. One commentary entry I made works ok for me but on a friend's computer it would not work no matter what I did. Other entries did work. I am prone to think that Vista stinks. :) LOL

I did these in mp3 format and to open with RealAudio.

Thanks much for your help.

MGB,
Regie

It should work under vista. Mine does. Make sure the files are in the exact place specified in the link. Can your friend play files on his computer by double clicking the audio file name? If so, the link should work.

Hello Bill, I appreciate so much the excellent help you give along with the excellent help that Brandon gives. This combined with the great program that SwordSearcher is makes it easy for me to recommend it to anyone.

I will get together again with my friend on TeamViewer and transfer those troublesome files to him again for my brain kicked-in sometime during the night and I decided to play those 4 files again on my computer and re-record them. I should have thought of that in regard to the messages that I would get on his computer. I think this will take care of the problem. I won't bug you again unless I run into something else in regards to this. :)

Evidently the files got corrupted in my sending them to him via the internet.

Thanks much & MGB,
Regie

Back