Multi Layered Indexing

Gord

Beta Tester
I want to copy my electronic version of Wilmington's Guide to the Bible to a module for my personal use in SS.
I have begun but I don't like how the menu is shaping up. I would like it to look something like this:

The Chronological Method
(page of material to copy in this section)
Introducing the Exodus Stage
I. Israel, Enslaved in Egypt.
The Theological Method

etc: or even indent the sections

Is this possible?

You could create the indents with leading periods, dashes or plus signs. If you wanted to do it in html, you could use the symbol   which is a non breakable space character. A better way would be using styles or cascading style sheets - CSS.

You could have a separate topic for each section and then put a link for the topic into a table of contents topic.

What format is your Wilmington's Guide - probably CROSS or STEP? There is no easy way to convert that I know of.

The format is CROSS, from WS. It copy and pastes very well, I just don't like the way the menu is shaping up from the drop down. I may just have to use unique numbers for sections and subsection the numbers in that series, but that has a limit of 10 that may work if I use 3 digit numerical subsections.

Could you set the menu up in a table, with each set of links in a separate row? You could set up the table with invisible lines... Or is it the drop-down menu that is giving you trouble? The only way I know of setting up the drop-down (entry) menu is by using numbers or going alphabetical.

Thanks Marty, I just did a count of what's required, there are 7 main topics, so I could use 00, 01, 02 etc to 7 then dash subsection numerical or alpha, either will look better, at least when you drop down you will see the 7 main topics.

Back