My Commentaries

TerriP

I am creating in Word a document for my own comments, to enter as I read and study. I'm just getting started so I'm only in Leviticus right now.

I don't know why I didn't think to ask this before, but is it possible for me to copy all the comments that I have already entered in Sword Searcher, so that I can have it in SS and also in one document like, for example Barnes, Gill, those people you have in the "Commentaries" list just to the right of Scripture, those that have their own books, what do you think? I looked in SS and I don't see how to do that. Or do I have to copy/paste them one-at-a-time...?

Might be there and I missed it, quite possible.

Thank you very much for any help on this!
from Terri P.

I am creating in Word a document for my own comments, to enter as I read and study. I'm just getting started so I'm only in Leviticus right now.

I don't know why I didn't think to ask this before, but is it possible for me to copy all the comments that I have already entered in Sword Searcher, so that I can have it in SS and also in one document like, for example Barnes, Gill, those people you have in the "Commentaries" list just to the right of Scripture, those that have their own books, what do you think? I looked in SS and I don't see how to do that. Or do I have to copy/paste them one-at-a-time...?

Might be there and I missed it, quite possible.

Thank you very much for any help on this!
from Terri P.
1670712298411.png

Open editing for your commentary, choose insert, choose insert text OR insert contextual ref OR links.
if you choose Text, then you may print your commentary with ALL text in.
if I understood well your inquiry.
let me know if I was wrong...loll

Open editing for your commentary, choose insert, choose insert text OR insert contextual ref OR links.
if you choose Text, then you may print your commentary with ALL text in.
if I understood well your inquiry.
let me know if I was wrong...loll
Thanks for the reply, Johnny!

Well, what I meant was to export all of my comments from throughout SS, wherever I had entered a comment, anyway. Like one after the other in a Word doc, with verse reference included in each one (so I could include in my commentary book to share with others). Right now I don't think there's a whole lot; I don't even know where to find each one I have done, from Genesis to Revelation, unless I go ahead and go through the whole Bible. Which would not hurt one bit, mind you! Most I have made notes for me to look at someone else's commentary on the same verse, like "see Gill" or "see Barnes".

By the way, this note to Brandon: oh, my goodness, you have no idea what a huge blessing all these commentaries are, so helpful. Then again I'm sure you do!

If it can't be done I can just check each verse, starting with where I am studying in Leviticus and on through Revelation 22. I am going to include notes I have written in the margins of a few of my Bibles, too. It's going to take some time but I'm hungry so I'm sure the project will pass by (seemingly) in a jiffy!

Thanks again and God Bless
Terri P.

Last edited:
Under User menu/Advanced User Module Maintenance

1670717175325.png

Then select your commentary

1670717236480.png

Then export as HTML document

1670717287083.png

Finally, Word should be able to read an HTML document into a document which you can save as a docx file to merge with your other notes in word by cut/paste one docx into another.

EVERY day it seems I learn a thing or 2 or 3 NEW about this blessed and powerful program!! 😍🥰

Oh, goodie, thanks, Bill. I will work on this and get back to you in a couple days.

With all my heart I thank you dear people, not only for Sword Searcher but for all the help from members, too.

Terri P.

Under User menu/Advanced User Module Maintenance

View attachment 1932

Then select your commentary

View attachment 1933

Then export as HTML document

View attachment 1934

Finally, Word should be able to read an HTML document into a document which you can save as a docx file to merge with your other notes in word by cut/paste one docx into another.
I'm using this to death at the moment. Found out my grown son has Sword Searcher. So created an html he can use on his computer to see my notes if he wants. Poor kid. It's a LOT of notes. I didn't realize how many I had!

Back