NASB-TSK

Rstuddard

Brandon, I am considering buying your product. I have been researching many programs over the past several months and keep returning to yours. Logos seems complicated, Biblesoft does not have good support, and E-sword seems to lack what I need. My only concern is, it appears most of this program is geared toward the KJV, I use the NASB and I know there is a module for that. I assume using the TSK automatically uses the KJV? Do you have plans to create a NASB-TSK module?

Thank you for what you do and I look forward to your reply.

When the TSK was originally published in 1836, it was written using key phrases from the King James Bible. It would not be possible to create a NASB-TSK module the way the KJV-TSK was created. Doing something like that would essentially require re-writing the TSK. This is not something I will be doing.

While the NASB and some other (mostly public domain) translations are available in SwordSearcher, you are correct that SwordSearcher is geared toward the KJV.

I understand. From your experience. I should still be able to use the NASB module and just use the kjv-tsk as another reference/translation? If I use the NASB module will the other commentaries and books correspond to it?

I understand. From your experience. I should still be able to use the NASB module and just use the kjv-tsk as another reference/translation? If I use the NASB module will the other commentaries and books correspond to it?
yes, that will work fine. Also, the TSK is available in commentary form in the software as well, linked to each verse.

Brandon, thank you. I will be making the purchase by the end of the week. I am running windows 11. I assume the program is stable on that operating system?

Or, you could come on over to the dark side and use the KJV. ;)

However, if you visit this page: https://djmarko53.wixsite.com/ssmodules ...

... and you search for "Utley," and d/l this commentary, you will find within it the NASB (Updated) text in with the commentary notes.

Perhaps you will find this helpful.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the information. I do use a variety of translations when studying scripture. My goto though is the NASB. I like that it is a literal translation but uses modern English. It is not a easy read at times but neither is the KJV.

Thank you so much for the information. I do use a variety of translations when studying scripture. My goto though is the NASB. I like that it is a literal translation but uses modern English. It is not a easy read at times but neither is the KJV.
I will have to forgo commenting further. This forum would not be the appropriate place to do it.

Back