New (sort of) SS Module - MP3 Bible

Brother Mike

I have posted a new SS5 module on my web site.

This is a derivitive of a concept by wsbones (thanks Bill). I have modified his module to use my MP3 files (not the wav files as well that was in the original). The source is included to modify for your own set of MP3 Bible files.

There are a couple of sources listed in the readme file for MP3 files. I do have a master set I can give out copies of for free, but contact me and we can work out the details (I would ask a few dollars to cover material and postage)

This version is compiled as a commentary and references only MP3 files. The source file is included to make changes easier. A commentary link will appear on the first verse of each chapter and will start the MP3 player. You can also access via the commentary list on the SS desktop.

There are like 1189 links (or at least there should be). I have tried to test as many as I could. Please let me know, but fixing is pretty straight forward. The biggest issue I think is getting the path and file names correct so be diligent on that. Thank goodness for search and replace :)

I hope this comes in handy.

God bless
Bro. Mike

Hello all

Just a heads up. I will be posting MP3 files for the entire Bible (KJV) that you can use with this module on my web site. I should be done by then end of this weekend. I now have ample bandwith and storage on my web host (at no additional cost).

This is not the set from Firefighters, but from Audio Treasures and I am free to give them away.

I will be trying to set up where you can listen online as well as download for this module or any MP3 use as long as it is non-commercial. Great use for those iPod things.

I will post when I have it all set up.

God bless
Bro. Mike

Awesome, Brother Mike! The MP3 files from the Firefighters are pretty good, except that I can't listen to Proverbs - sounds like the recorder is going for speed, not content. Do I understand right that these are different files? :grin:

Hello all

Just a heads up. I will be posting MP3 files for the entire Bible (KJV) that you can use with this module on my web site. I should be done by then end of this weekend. I now have ample bandwith and storage on my web host (at no additional cost).

This is not the set from Firefighters, but from Audio Treasures and I am free to give them away.

I will be trying to set up where you can listen online as well as download for this module or any MP3 use as long as it is non-commercial. Great use for those iPod things.

I will post when I have it all set up.

God bless
Bro. Mike

Mike, for whatever reason I was not able to d/l the mp3 files / set.

Hello all

Marty, yes these are a different set, the reader does go slower and I like that better. A more relaxing read.

Pastor Tim, I just started uploading last night. It is over 1GB of files, so it will take some time. I am going to have individual files to listen to on the web, plus zipped files to download (probably 2). Since MP3 files are already compressed, the zipping will be only for convenience, it won't save anything in compression. It will still be a large amount to download.

I have Genesis - Exodus complete, so if you want to check them out, go to http://jesus-is-saviour.org/mp3 and you can get a sneak peek.

God bless
Bro. Mike

As suggested by Pastor Tim in another thread:

If you would like a copy of these files but cannot download them, I would be more than happy to burn you a set for a small donation. Just enough to cover the CDs and postage, nothing more.

I can't do this on a large scale and I really do not want to, but if there is a need, we can work it out.

I only have 1 CD writer on my PC, and I am limited to non-commercial distribution on the files, so a large scale operation won't work for several reasons.

Thanks and God bless
Bro. Mike

Hello all

Marty, yes these are a different set, the reader does go slower and I like that better. A more relaxing read.

I have Genesis - Exodus complete, so if you want to check them out, go to http://jesus-is-saviour.org/mp3 and you can get a sneak peek.

God bless
Bro. Mike
I've been looking for some other recordings, although the ones from Firefighters are great when he's not in a hurry. I'll be looking forward to downloading these when they're ready! Thank you!!! :)

Pastor Tim, I just started uploading last night. It is over 1GB of files, so it will take some time. I am going to have individual files to listen to on the web, plus zipped files to download (probably 2). Since MP3 files are already compressed, the zipping will be only for convenience, it won't save anything in compression. It will still be a large amount to download.

Aha! That explains a lot. That is pretty large...

Let me ask this. Will these files be available "permanently" (unlike the other item)?

And once d/l'd and installed properly, it will read via SS?

If so, it might be worth the wait, then hit ye olde librarye to downloade.

Thanks.

I know what you mean Marty.

The Firefighter recording really make the rounds. I have a DVD with text on screen and the FFFC readings, as well as their MP3s. He can be a bit fast-paced at times.

God bless
Bro. Mike

Pastor Tim

Yes, I am planning to make this a permanant addition to my site. And yes, when the module and MP3s are in place, there will be a link in the commentary section on the first verse of each chapter. When you click it, it should call your MP3 player of choice and play the file.

God bless
Bro. Mike

P.S. Since Bill said he did not mind, I think I will download his Websters and make a 3rd party section on my site and give it a permanent home.

Pastor Tim

Yes, I am planning to make this a permanant addition to my site. And yes, when the module and MP3s are in place, there will be a link in the commentary section on the first verse of each chapter. When you click it, it should call your MP3 player of choice and play the file.

God bless
Bro. Mike

P.S. Since Bill said he did not mind, I think I will download his Websters and make a 3rd party section on my site and give it a permanent home.

That's pretty awesome of you. Thanks.

Hello all

I now have on my web site a complete set of KJV MP3 files. You can listen to them on-line or download the files free of charge.

By following this link, you can listen or download the files by book:

http://jesus-is-saviour.org/mp3

This link will take you to where you can download 2 files to create data CD's of the MP3's plus html intefaces to the files. You can also use these to burn audio or MP3 CD's as well:

http://jesus-is-saviour.org/mp3/disc.images

The original intent is to provide these files for use in the Audio Bible module, but you may enjoy them as the Lord leads you.

God bless
Bro. Mike

It looks like that was a lot of work for you, Bro. Thank you for making the MP3s available to us! :)

Hello all

I now have on my web site a complete set of KJV MP3 files. You can listen to them on-line or download the files free of charge.
God bless
Bro. Mike

I really like the clarity of this reader's voice on these MP3 files, but I have found it to be to slow. So, I have been experimenting with a program called Audacity 1.3.2 beta. It has a batch feature that processes multiple audio files in order to change some of the characteristics. I learned that you can increase the tempo of the file without affecting the pitch of the voice. I processed Genesis 1-20 to speed them up 40%. This is the best speed for me and the added benefit is that the filesize is reduced to one third of the original size (20 mb becomes 6 mb). This give more room on a portable device like an IPOD at the same time making the files more pleasing to my ears.

I think I have found a way of "Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:16" :)

Audacity is a free download here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

The batch feature is implemented in the file menu. First edit a new chain with the following entries:
IMPORT
CHANGE TEMPO: PERCENTAGE = 40.00000
EXPORT MP3
END

It created the exported file in a subdirectory called CLEANED in the original directory.

Hi Bill

Thanks for the tip on Audacity. I do have that, but have not played around with it much.

I went with this reader for a couple of reasons. First and formost, was my ability to give the files away. I looked at the Firefighters set, but that was too fast for me. Sounded rushed. And for me, the slower sounded better, but that's just me.

I will have to experiment and see how things sound. THe good things is that now folks know they have this option.

Thanks and God bless
Bro. Mike

Thank you for the MP3s. I have tried the Firefighter MP3s as well but they were, at times, difficult to listen to. These are nice quality and a nice blessing. Thanks for making them available.

Danny

Thanks Danny

I am glad you have found them useful.

God bless
Bro. Mike

Hello all

Thank you for posting the MP3 files, that was very kind of you and I really appreciate it.

My wife just bought me a 30 gig iPod for my birthday and I was planning on downloading the Audio Bible to place on it. I just finished downloading J. Vernon McGee's 5 year "Thru the Bible" radio program. Thanks again for your time and effort in posting the files.

Yes, the new hicap mp3 players are very good for this. I have a 4gb HD on my palm and I have the files installed there.

Thanks for the comment

God bless
Bro. Mike

Back