New user with some questions

IamKJVonly

First of all i want to say that I was suprised at how good Sword searcher really is. (in today political correct jardon "it far execeded my expections") :shock::shock::shock::shock:

I've been using Quick Verse 4 ever since it came out, and have never found a better replacement for it until now.

I just bought sword searcher 5 just before christmas and have been using it almost daily since then but have a few questions about how it works.

I have tried to find the answers in the help document but I have never had good luck with searches so if the answer is in the help document I sorry I missed it. :oops::oops::oops:

The first question is: is there any way I can change the size of the font in the comentary panel and the search panels without changing the text size in the bible and book panels? I haven't found where I can do this. I would be glad to have the text be the same size in all the panels but these old eyse of mine need the larger font sizes with out making the other fonts too big.

The second question: I like to see different sets of panels in different locations on the screen depending on what I'm studying and would like to save these different panel setting and locations So I can access them with just 1 or 2 clicks. Now it takes several click and panel moves to get the screen to look the way I want it too.

I know you save the default settings so you can bring up the same panel settings and locations when I turn sword searcher on or off.

Is there any way I can save the panel setting so I can bring up different panel setting. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say:-?:-?. Maybe change between default settings??

The third question: has to do with the user created comentary. Is there any limit on the size of the comentary and can you change where it is saved on the hard drive?? Like save it in the sword searcher directory instead of the My Documents directory.

Now for the biggest headache of all :-:)-:)-:)-(.
I'm in the bible panel and am reading a chapter. and when I come to the end of the screen I press page down and the text moves up so the next line to be read is at the top of the screen. This works great until I come to the end of the chapter Swordsearcher does not place the next line to be read at the top of the screen. I have to hunt for the next line to be read and I'm not use to looking at the verse I'm reading before I press page down. So I lose my conecetration. and these old eyes of mine require the larger font size so it happen quite ofter. Any suggestions on what I can do outside of learning to check the verse I'm on before I press the page down button?

I'm sorry this is such a long post, but I really like the way Sword searcher works, espically the user created comentary:cool::cool: and the books available to it:cool:. But the best point is the mouse over function:cool::cool::cool:. It's really speeds up my bible study.

The reason I'm asking these nit picking questions is that I plan on using sword searcher for a long time and answers to my questions would make using it that much more enjoyable.

Please don't be afarid to tell me if there is no fix for my questions. I have a thick skin and won't quit using Sword searcher.

Dave

A proud sword searcher user.:grin::grin::grin::grin:

The first question is: is there any way I can change the size of the font in the comentary panel and the search panels without changing the text size in the bible and book panels? I haven't found where I can do this. I would be glad to have the text be the same size in all the panels but these old eyse of mine need the larger font sizes with out making the other fonts too big.

Go to File > Preferences > Fonts and Colors, then click the "Set individual panel properties" link next to the color boxes. That allows you to apply a different font to any of the four panel types.

Is there any way I can save the panel setting so I can bring up different panel setting. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say:-?:-?. Maybe change between default settings??
I understand what you mean. Currently, there is no way to do this. While you can configure the panel layout, you can't save multiple layouts, though you can switch between the three pre-set layouts.

The third question: has to do with the user created comentary. Is there any limit on the size of the comentary and can you change where it is saved on the hard drive??
There is no practical limit to the size of a user module.

The module creation location is fixed and non-configurable.

Like save it in the sword searcher directory instead of the My Documents directory.
You can move a created module to the SwordSearcher program files Modules folder, but I strongly recommend against doing so -- it will usually render the module un-editable, and goes against the operating system guidelines Microsoft has published since Windows 2000.

I'm in the bible panel and am reading a chapter. and when I come to the end of the screen I press page down and the text moves up so the next line to be read is at the top of the screen. This works great until I come to the end of the chapter Swordsearcher does not place the next line to be read at the top of the screen. I have to hunt for the next line to be read and I'm not use to looking at the verse I'm reading before I press page down. So I lose my conecetration. and these old eyes of mine require the larger font size so it happen quite ofter. Any suggestions on what I can do outside of learning to check the verse I'm on before I press the page down button?
I think I understand what you are asking, but there is no way to do that -- when you use PageDown in the Bible panel, it's like when you view a web page. When you hit the bottom, you're at the bottom -- it won't pad the end with whitespace.

Thanks for using SwordSearcher!

Thanks for the qiuck reply I really appricate it. Even the negative ones:grin:

now I don't have to sit here wondering if it can be done.

I'm sorry I didn't find the text size setting area on my own :oops:
It works good the only problem I had was that it did not seem to work with my user created comentary. But it worked with all the other things.

Thanks again for the help

Dave

I'm sorry I didn't find the text size setting area on my own :oops:

No problem -- that's part of what the forum is for.

It works good the only problem I had was that it did not seem to work with my user created comentary. But it worked with all the other things.
If you change the font in the editor while editing your user module, your selection is saved in the entry and always overrides the "global" setting.

Back