Nisan 17

TerriP

http://heartofwisdom.com/biblicalholidays/2010/03/01/nisan-17-odds-one-in-783864876960000000/

My pastor was teaching on Noah and the flood the other day - he mentioned just three momentous events in Scripture that culminated on Nisan 17, so I did some digging and found this website. Turns out there's a bunch more, like enough to make the odds of them all happening on Nisan 17 are:

"...one in 783 quadrillion, 864 trillion, 876 Billion, 960 Million (783,864,876,960,000,000)."

I also did some further research, including Snopes.com; it's not listed as a hoax there, so it looks like it's real enough. This is going to take some study, though.

Is everyone already aware of this and I'm just catching up?!

I find this very interesting.

Last edited:
I didn't spend a ton of time looking up the references from this site, but my surface skimming can't reconcile each claim.

I am using my phone to read and squint😢on. Grab the text from the site, and copy the relevant information to your SwordSearcher Scan Text for Verse References tool... Maybe you can help me understand. It seemed like a bit of a stretch to suppose a single day passed sometimes, but I didn't spend much time yet studying. Thank you for the topic either way I love a Bible study. ♥️

Johnny NL

WOW....! and RE-WOW....!!!
I heard about that before, but never dug into it. Something to do for this coming weekend. Anybody else have some data on that topic?

TerriP

WOW....! and RE-WOW....!!!...
Thank you for your comments, Hmlss and Johnny NL. If you do get into a study of this please come back here to this post and let us know. I will, too.

If this can be verified by Holy Scripture, if this is Truth, 1: I am not surprised; and 2: it is far beyond "very interesting." Thanks again.

John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
I've heard about this but never researched it... thanks! :)

wsbones

Beta Tester
The author gives the example of two events happening on Nisan 17 as 1 in 129,600 (360^2) but then gives the number for eight events as 1 in 783,864,876,960,000,000 (7.83*10^18) Using the same logic, why wouldn't the number be 1 in 360^8 or 2.8211*10*20. I didn't read the book and the website didn't explain the number. Maybe the 8 events were not independent, but the word "coincidentally" was used.

Anybody know how the number 783,864,876,960,000,000 was calculated?

TerriP

Thank you, Bill. I don't know what you just said up there, "360^8 or 2.8211810820" and all that, but supposedly their report of the calculation "one in 783 quadrillion..." came from one of the books by Robert W. Faid, which include:

A Scientific Approach to Christianity
A Scientific Approach to Biblical Mysteries
Others

That first one, "A Scientific Approach to Christianity" - there's some interesting comments and reviews, positive and negative, toward the bottom of this website page where one could order copies:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/260836.A_Scientific_Approach_to_Christianity

But the Nisan 17 part I am going to dig into for sure, when I get some time! But I've got maybe an hour or two for "Mary" stuff each morning, then the rest of the day it's "Martha", least for the next few months...

But it shouldn't be too difficult and might be very supportive of this claim. My Study Bible does have some dates. I am looking forward to it.

You know, though, in a way it doesn't matter if this is another hoax or something that cannot be backed up by Scripture - which would make it false teaching. I've been thinking in the last couple of days, God is God. I love just plain old Bible study, you know what I mean, the Word just because it's the Word of God, not because we try to make something out of it, it doesn't matter. God is God. Period.

Thanks again.

Johnny NL

. . .
But the Nisan 17 part I am going to dig into for sure, when I get some time! But I've got maybe an hour or two for "Mary" stuff each morning, then the rest of the day it's "Martha", least for the next few months...

But it shouldn't be too difficult and might be very supportive of this claim. My Study Bible does have some dates. I am looking forward to it.

You know, though, in a way it doesn't matter if this is another hoax or something that cannot be backed up by Scripture - which would make it false teaching. I've been thinking in the last couple of days, God is God. I love just plain old Bible study, you know what I mean, the Word just because it's the Word of God, not because we try to make something out of it, it doesn't matter. God is God. Period.

Thanks again.
I love your quote, specially, the end of it.
I am trying hard to "deal" properly also with Matthew 6:19 @ 34. Life is surely ain't easy, for anyone, but like YOU said: "God is God. I love just plain old Bible study,".
Matthew 6:33. this must be first, .... all the time.
Amen.

TerriP

[QUOTE="Johnny NL I am trying hard to "deal" properly also with Matthew 6:19... Matthew 6:33. this must be first, .... all the time.
Amen.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Johnny, amen to both!

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.