Video Open a clone Bible panel for a verse with just one click

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
The Layout Customization Video shows how to use Clone Panels. This video shows an easy way to instantly create a Bible clone panel from a verse link so you don't have to move the active verse in the Bible panel.

Can also be viewed here.

Johnny NL

I use a lot of the SS features, BUT, I am going over the videos again, randomly and it is nice to find out that I don't know everything...:rolleyes:
I watched them videos at least once, some twice, some more. And I "RE-learn" again some of the stuff that I had forgotten, every time that I return to these videos... this is GREAT to have all access 24/7.
Thanks much...:D

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
This is really cool. Let's just say I had many strategies devised (which did not always work coz they depended on my memory :oops:) to keep a current Bible study place open... but this solves that problem :). Thanks Brandon!

wsbones

Beta Tester
If the verse links option is set to multiple, it disables the clone panel for study click and produces a verse list instead. The study click feature still works for the Bible window. I can't decide which way is best. They are both good :)

upload_2016-3-5_7-51-53.png

Johnny NL

If only I could just "study click options" my own brain NOT to forget all them features....:confused::Dloll

Johnny NL

I love to go back to them teaching videos..... :)

I use this feature a lot if I want to save my place and check out another verse (or book/commentary link).

It would be handy to be able to open a clone panel of another verse without changing the Bible panel. Could there be an input box where a verse could be entered and immediately become a link that could be ctrl-clicked to open a clone panel. I tried this in the Scan tool but it open a verse list.

Or, could this work? I think I asked about this before and there may be a technical reason why it wouldn't work.
1544193598348.png

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
You can actually do it from the Scan tool if you change the settings so that opening a verse uses the Bible panel (the default setting) instead of a verse list. If you're holding down CTRL while you click the verse link (or from the popup menu if there is more than one reference) it will open a clone panel.

You can also open clone Bible panels from verse links in commentaries and books as long as you're using the default verse hyperlinking style (prefs, Verse Links, Individual/recommended setting).

As for opening one from the main search bar, I have that as a feature request on the to-do list.

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
Another tip -- if you hold down CTRL and hover over the verse tags in the Bible panel, they will become links that open clone panels. Well, that's the tip in the video. :)

The Layout Customization Video shows how to use Clone Panels. This video shows an easy way to instantly create a Bible clone panel from a verse link so you don't have to move the active verse in the Bible panel.
It would be very helpful if cloned panels could be minimized, or configured to not always be on top, to temporarily prevent them from blocking the main SS interface. The video points out that you can move it to another monitor but if you don't have two monitors you have to keep moving the clone around to get it out of your way or you have to resize SS to make room for the cloned panel.

If only I could just "study click options" my own brain NOT to forget all them features....:confused::Dloll
That's the beauty and the challenge of SS being so rich with features. It's a fantastic program but, like you, I have to keep re-educating myself on some aspects... not because SS is too difficult to configure and use but rather, because my mind just doesn't remember things as well as it use to. :)