Orphaned user-created mods?

RevTim

Beta Tester
If someone creates a user-mod but has no place to post and host it to make it available for d/l to others, what other options are available?

I know on Yahoo groups you can upload files which is convenient for this kind of purpose, though space is limited and that could be quickly filled up. But I'm not sure if files can be hosted here for that purpose.

Another option -- find someone else willing to host it? Like maybe Bro. Jerry would host someone's material on his site? NOT speaking for him, just suggesting someone who has a mod they want to offer might be able to do so via someone else who is already doing that?

Or perhaps just offering it via the Boards as a free email transfer? Perhaps zip it up to others who might like it?

These are the options I thought of. Any others any of you can think of? (This is a little self-serving, I admit. Eventually I hope to create a commentary and would like to offer it to others.)

For all folks who have SS modules, and no place to host them, I would be more than happy to offer this. A couple of things:

1) Contact me with info
2) Deliver in a zipped file
3) Include a readme file with contact info for questions. I cannot provide that
4) Also include in the readme file any installation instructions you might want to convey
4) I am unapologetically KJV and IFB, I would have to judge the content on that doctrinal stand and hold the right to veto hosting

God bless
Bro. Mike

For all folks who have SS modules, and no place to host them, I would be more than happy to offer this. A couple of things:

1) Contact me with info
2) Deliver in a zipped file
3) Include a readme file with contact info for questions. I cannot provide that
4) Also include in the readme file any installation instructions you might want to convey
4) I am unapologetically KJV and IFB, I would have to judge the content on that doctrinal stand and hold the right to veto hosting

God bless
Bro. Mike

Helpful! Thanks!

If someone creates a user-mod but has no place to post and host it to make it available for d/l to others, what other options are available?

I would be happy to host any mods on http://www.swordsearchermodules.net, of course. There would be no restrictions on content other than falling under the broad umbrella of Christianity.

I would be happy to host any mods on http://www.swordsearchermodules.net, of course. There would be no restrictions on content other than falling under the broad umbrella of Christianity.

It's a blessing to have this community, with a common interest (SS) and a common bond (Christ), and willing to help each other however we may.

Back