Ostervald (French) Bible, OST

Johnny NL

Hello Mr. Staggs
Would it be possible in a near future to have the "Ostervald (French) Bible, OST" as she is mostly the true French FULL version of the WORD OF GOD. Included in the Bible window of SS Bibles?
Thank you very much.

I'll have to see if I can find a good source for it.

Good evening Sir.(Mr. Stagg)
I was looking back at few posts of mine, and I was just wondering if you came up with a "good source" for the French version of "Ostervald (French) Bible, OST"? This is the closest French version of the Word, right after King James.
It would be SO great to have her on the toggle compare mode...
Thank you Sir.

No, sorry Johnny, I have not found a text I can use for this. If you know where I could obtain it without limitation on distribution please let me know (send me an email).

ok....will check and get back to you Sir.
Thanks.

I just got a new phone, and I was getting few apps here and there, and I got back an old Bible app that I had few years back. It's called "YouVersion" Bible. and they do have a lot of versions, and they do have the "Ostervald (French) version. Could this be helpful? or is there a way to ask them permission to use it for SS?

I just got a new phone, and I was getting few apps here and there, and I got back an old Bible app that I had few years back. It's called "YouVersion" Bible. and they do have a lot of versions, and they do have the "Ostervald (French) version. Could this be helpful? or is there a way to ask them permission to use it for SS?

No, they don't provide them in a form that would be useful, as far as I know. What I would need is a public domain text file of the translation. I just spent a few minutes looking again and did not find a source.

I might need some help to find it the way you want....
All I know is that he translate from King James, in 1724.
Ostervald version is the MOST accurate French version from King James'
All other French version are missing many verses, and a lot of them are wrongly written.

Last edited:
I would need a text or HTML file. I've added this to my to-do list, so I will eventually get to the point where I can spend more time looking for it, but if someone were to find a public plain-text source of the translation that would make it happen faster.

Thank you Sir for your concern....
I really appreciate it.
THANKS

Back