OT and NT quotes.

Johnny NL

Any one knows how/where in SS8, I could find New Testament verses, that are actually Old Testament quotes?
Specially when Paul is quoting verses from the Old Testament.
I am driving in the "fog" for that one.... πŸ€”...

wsbones

Beta Tester
You can try this one that I put together from several sources. Put it in your margin links. Since there are several sources, be sure to use the + key to find them all. This link is to the public folder of my OneDrive.

1586652193663.png

marty

Beta Tester
The link isn't working... :( :rolleyes:

EDIT: Turns out it works in Explorer but not my Chrome. πŸ™ƒ Settings... Thanks for the module, Bill!

Last edited:

marty

Beta Tester
Any one knows how/where in SS8, I could find New Testament verses, that are actually Old Testament quotes?
Specially when Paul is quoting verses from the Old Testament.
I am driving in the "fog" for that one.... πŸ€”...
There is a module called "Quote" from 2011, but I don't know where it is in the modules - it's a user module. I can try to upload it unless someone knows where it came from and can point the way.

Johnny NL

You can try this one that I put together from several sources. Put it in your margin links. Since there are several sources, be sure to use the + key to find them all. This link is to the public folder of my OneDrive.

View attachment 1378
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! ! ! !
This is SO WONDERFUL, Thank you very much.
Indeed I get the "+" button, this is the answer I was looking for.
THANK YOU very much Sir !
Amen .

PS: I just saw in my "All Books", that you did have a book named "Quote" and not "QUOTES". But this one is clearly MORE detailed !

Johnny NL

There is a module called "Quote" from 2011, but I don't know where it is in the modules - it's a user module. I can try to upload it unless someone knows where it came from and can point the way.
The "QUOTES" module seems to be "MORE" detailed ! ! !

Johnny NL

This is all my modules (commentaries, books and dictionaries) loaded from the beginning of my membership back in 2009-2010 ish.
I wonder if I got them all ???
Notice; "Quote" and "QUOTES"...

The TREMENDOUS POWER of SwordSearcher ! ! !

SS8.4 modules.JPG

marty

Beta Tester
You must have a very large screen! Mine is very small and can only host one row at a time... :)

Johnny NL

You must have a very large screen! Mine is very small and can only host one row at a time... :)
I use 2 large screens, plus my laptop screen.....
And if Mr. Staggs keeps going this path, ... I might need one more.πŸ˜„
I do catch myself with "Opened Cloned Panel", all over the place....
Just loving THE WORD... 😁
(the previous pic, is only 1/2 of a large screen.)

Johnny NL

2 Timothy 2:15... πŸ˜πŸ“•πŸ“”πŸ“˜πŸ“—πŸ““πŸ“šπŸ˜

Attachments

• PANO2020draw.jpg
    PANO2020draw.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 57

RevTim

Beta Tester

Bill, any reason you didn't make this a commentary instead of a book?

Johnny NL

No. Easier to make a book and put it in the margin links.
It works SO SO Good for me..... enjoying every bit of it ! ! !

RevTim

Beta Tester
No. Easier to make a book and put it in the margin links.
Ok, I get that. I don't always like having the book links showing because of the number compared to commentaries, but I do understand. I hope one day we can have book widgets to go with the commentary widgets, for books like this.

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
I don't always like having the book links showing because of the number compared to commentaries,

My suggestion would be to set up a module set just for the Bible margin (User menu, Configure Module Sets). Disable all but the few books you care about and you can keep your margin light. That's how I do it myself. I also use a module set to control my visible tabs so they are not consuming much screen space.

1586885249993.png

RevTim

Beta Tester
My suggestion would be to set up a module set just for the Bible margin (User menu, Configure Module Sets). Disable all but the few books you care about and you can keep your margin light. That's how I do it myself. I also use a module set to control my visible tabs so they are not consuming much screen space.

Thanks. Great idea.

Johnny NL

Click Them ALLLLLL....
Get another screen, or two,,.....Lolllll
😁 πŸ˜‰πŸ€“πŸΈ

Johnny NL

I am still diggin' through this "QUOTES", Book. And what about the "+" button..... Man!!! this is SUCH a Blessing.
Thank you again, ... Be Blessed Mr. Bill.