Panic, Panic, Panic....

Johnny NL

Lol... I just re-settled my PC, and re-load SS5, with my licensed serial #, and now trying to load SS 8.2.1, and asked me , my serial number, which I provided (SS5 #) , and it does not work. It tells me that the serial # is not valid....:(
What can I do please. ???
(Also I tried my email link to do so, but the link has expired.)

Thanks.

Yes, please send an email to support@swordsearcher.com or my personal bstaggs@swordsearcher.com and I will get you what you need.

SwordSearcher 8 came with new (shorter) serial numbers. Your serial number would be with your version 8.0 upgrade purchase -- either with the disc if you ordered one, or with your download instructions email if you got it by download. But, I would be happy to find it for you -- you just need to email me with your name and email address for the order, and I will get it to you.

Yes, please send an email to support@swordsearcher.com or my personal bstaggs@swordsearcher.com and I will get you what you need.

SwordSearcher 8 came with new (shorter) serial numbers. Your serial number would be with your version 8.0 upgrade purchase -- either with the disc if you ordered one, or with your download instructions email if you got it by download. But, I would be happy to find it for you -- you just need to email me with your name and email address for the order, and I will get it to you.
I just sent it....
and I was "download", not a disk....
thanks.

Thank you very much Sir.
SS8 is loaded and working,
Now my problem is I can't RE-load my Highlights... it says invalid file...???
And all my books too...:(
I am really struggling today...

I am using window 10, and it seems that all my backed up SS8 files are not loading at the right place.

Last edited:
Basically everything that used to be in your user Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules folder needs to be copied into the same location on your new computer.

Basically everything that used to be in your user Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules folder needs to be copied into the same location on your new computer.
I thought i did....
window 10, program files (x86), that's where it is...

This PC > Documents > SwordSearcher User Modules
but when i try to restore from a file, it gives me "invalid settings files".

I thought i did....
window 10, program files (x86), that's where it is...

You shouldn't have to put anything there or copy anything from there. That's a program files location, not where user stuff is stored.

This PC > Documents > SwordSearcher User Modules
but when i try to restore from a file, it gives me "invalid settings files".

What is "a file" in that case? Restoring settings can only be done from a settings export. You would have had to manually make that settings export at some time. If you are trying to restore a "sssettings" file and it says it's invalid, then the file data itself is damaged.

You shouldn't have to put anything there or copy anything from there. That's a program files location, not where user stuff is stored.

What is "a file" in that case? Restoring settings can only be done from a settings export. You would have had to manually make that settings export at some time. If you are trying to restore a "sssettings" file and it says it's invalid, then the file data itself is damaged.[/QU

I dunno anymore....

i think i am gonna give up..... too much work done over the years, for this now.
i saved, backed up everything on a flash drive, then on a western digital external drive.
My Bible audio works, i do have all my set up colors for each panels, but NO highlights, no more note, commentaries,missing 80% of all my books.
they are all there, backed up, but no ways to restore them........:(

Don't give up! Have you tried working with just one file at a time? Sometimes if you work with a lot of files and one of them is messed up, it can throw a monkey wrench in the whole works. If you can, just work with one file and get it to open, then another, and another... if one file is the problem, it will show up and you can work around it to get the rest done.

Don't give up! Have you tried working with just one file at a time? Sometimes if you work with a lot of files and one of them is messed up, it can throw a monkey wrench in the whole works. If you can, just work with one file and get it to open, then another, and another... if one file is the problem, it will show up and you can work around it to get the rest done.

Thanks, yes i did try that, all my files are backed up at the right place, I just don't understand why.....:oops:

I am ok with regular PC stuff.... but heavy trouble shooting.... not so much.

Can you tell me the name of a backed up file?

upload_2018-7-7_23-59-39.png

this is what its look like....

Does the file 777.ss5cmty open in SwordSearcher? And, after you restored the files to your Documents/SwordSearcher User Modules folder, did you close and restart SwordSearcher?

Does the file 777.ss5cmty open in SwordSearcher? And, after you restored the files to your Documents/SwordSearcher User Modules folder, did you close and restart SwordSearcher?
no it does not open, and yes i did restart SS8 many times. and restart my pc too....

The thing is that i do have a friend that knows, pc, but it doesn't understand SS8....

Back