Paragraphs

Bryan E. Johnson

Hello! First, I want to say what a tremendous software product SwordSearcher is. I've been using it and promoting it since the 90's! I recently upgraded to version 9, and I absolutely love the new dark mode. I'm a System & Cloud Admin gov. contractor for the US Department of Energy with over 30 years IT experience, so when I say it's good software, I know a little more than the average software user.

I would like to request a Bible module (or settings toggle) to switch paragraphs for the KJV (AV) that represents the Cambridge paragraphs. I noticed even when I switch to the 1611 version of the KJV, SwordSearcher applies the Nelson paragraph marks.

Over the years I have compared Bible apps, and SS is by far the most polished and easy to operate. That said, if you are looking for a possible easy source for the Cambridge KJV text/paragraphs - the Bible Analyzer folks have that available as a bible module with their Strongs links. The only reason I know this is because sometimes it's quicker and easier to use that app since it runs natively on Mac. I use Parallels and a Virtual Win 11 to run SS most of the time.

I appreciate anything you can do. God Bless!

For clarity, if you right-click the KJV module tab and select KJV info, it explains the sourcing for the paragraphing.

One item on my to-do list is alternate paragraph markings selection. The reason for the current sourcing is so that the paragraph format option will work past Acts. There are no paragraph markings past Acts in the Cambridge text.

But anyway, I have this on my to-do list. Thanks.

1635602300131.png

Back