Peloubet's Bible Dictionary

I recently ran across a reference to Peloubet's Bible Dictionary. I vividly recall my Methodist-raised grandfather had one. I looked in it a couple of times, but as I was very young, I didn't really read it. Couldn't find a pdf online. It was old even back then so I'm sure it's out of copyright. I recall he had a really old book about Paul's missionary journey's too. I wish I had gotten my hands on those books, I wonder if anyone could suggest any titles to look for? I was probably the only one in the family that would have appreciated them.

marty

Beta Tester

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
I am pretty sure the Peloubet dictionary is a revision of William Smith's dictionary, which is actually in SwordSearcher. [Smith] Smith's Bible Dictionary
in fact, comparing some of the entries to the Archive.org scan, they look the same.

marty

Beta Tester
I am pretty sure the Peloubet dictionary is a revision of William Smith's dictionary, which is actually in SwordSearcher. [Smith] Smith's Bible Dictionary
in fact, comparing some of the entries to the Archive.org scan, they look the same.
I read that in one of the links that I found - and there is a PDF of Smith's Bible Dictionary available...

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the reply. (I don't know how to use those smiley faces, so considered yourself smiled at!) Thanks!