Please pray for my nephew

marty

Beta Tester
Please pray for my nephew as he will be married in a few days. His new life will include three children. There will be obstacles. Thanks!

Truckerboy

Will do, Marty. Are there any specific areas you would like prayer in?

TerriP

Please pray for my nephew as he will be married in a few days. His new life will include three children. There will be obstacles. Thanks!
Good morning, Marty

Evelyn Roberts said, ?You can do everything humanly possible for your children as they?re growing up. You can meet their physical needs, teach them the Word of God, and pray with them and for them. In the end, however, you have to give them over to the Lord and stand on His promises for them. First Peter 5:7 tells us to cast all of our cares upon Him, because He cares for us. That includes our concerns for our children. Give them to the Lord and trust Him to take care of them.?

Your nephew (as all parents) should see this as an opportunity to grow in faith, wisdom and patience:

?And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.? - Romans 5:3-5

?My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations [trials, adversities]; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh [employs, uses] patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.? - James 1:2-4 [brackets mine]​

Also I did a little online research and found this excellent website on praying for the family, with Scriptural references: http://nieboernews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=149:pray-for-the-family&catid=71:prayer-guides&Itemid=86

If the children are unsaved I have a couple of nice collections of Scripture for unsaved loved ones that I could email over to you, too.

And I encourage all to pray Psalm 112 over our children and families every day:

?Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion. Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance. He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD. His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies. He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour. The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish.?​

This is one thing I tell dear parents with children in the home: Jesus is not of this world (John 8:23, 1 John 2:15) so always, always, as the children are leaving home to go out in this world, place your hand on top of their heads and speak blessings and safety up them, to return home safely and for His protection in all they do this day. "The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore." - Psalm 121:8

?Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.? - Isaiah 26:3​

Perfect peace - Shalom, shalom.

marty

Beta Tester
Thank you, prayer warriors! My nephew and his fianc? have been together face-to-face only five times, for just a few days each time (their longest time together was a week). Love is blind - I see many probable difficulties ranging from financial to spiritual matters. It's not starting off well and they need to get to know each other better before they jump into marriage, but I don't think we can stop the train now!

TerriP

"...My nephew and his fianc? have been together face-to-face only five times, for just a few days each time (their longest time together was a week). Love is blind - I see many probable difficulties ranging from financial to spiritual matters. It's not starting off well and they need to get to know each other better before they jump into marriage..."
Marty, I have heard of many, many successful - not to mention blessed - marriages where the husband and wife had only known each other a very short time before they got married. This may very well be one of them.

Listen, yesterday I heard someone say they were going to give up, because they did some research and only 500 people out of, oh, I don't know, I think it was something like over a hundred thousand... only 500 people had recovered from the illness that was now attacking them. They said those were not very good odds. What I say is, well, it was good odds for those 500 people!

And doesn't our Father just love this kind of situation? Gideon. Moses. Paul. Bible's full of them - and since I am written in the Lamb's Book of Life, I am in there, too, glory to God... Everything I mean everything in this world was against me from being saved, yet here I am, not only saved but saved every day, waking up just thrilled to see what He will do today, and what He wants me to do for His Kingdom. I'm sure there are millions of us with the same story. But God! I love to read all the "But God"s in the Word. All things are possible with God!

So Marty, start picturing your nephew and his new family in church. At a mission handing out clothes and food to those who really are in need. Picture them sitting around their dinner table praying before their meal, and talking as they enjoy their blessings about all the things God is doing in their lives on a daily basis. I can see it. I can see the smiles and hear the laughter as they share, as they tease each other, as they go out for a ride, all together and all full of the joy of the Lord. It is not only possible, it is what He wants for them, it is His will for them. Pray God's Word over them, and watch what He not only can do, but watch His will manifest in their lives.

I tell you, ALL things are possible with God.

marty

Beta Tester
Thanks, Terri!

RevTim

Beta Tester
Here's a few thoughts for those facing marriage or already neck deep in it:

Psalms 127:1-2 A Song of degrees for Solomon. Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep. (...because unless they have allowed to build this union, there will only be disunity...)

Psalms 127:3-5 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate..(...because we need to be reminded that whenever God sends a child into our homes -- and truly it IS of the Lord whether we have children or not -- it is a blessing, for how easy it is to forget and take God's precious ones loaned into our care for granted, or worse, to spoil them or abuse them, nor else to forget to train them up Biblically unto the Lord...)

Matthew 5:43-48 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. (...because sometimes those closest to our hearts seem to be at enmity with us, and we must remember our Lord's command on how we ought to treat them, REGARDLESS of how they are treating us...) {See also Matt. 7.12 & Matt. 5.38-42}

Luke 6:47-49 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great. (...because every great home needs the firm foundation of the Holy Word of God, and the Holy God of His Word...)

1 Corinthians 3:9-11 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.(...because during crises great and small in any marriage we often need to be reminded how we build Spiritually and effectively...)

God's blessings to them on their upcoming nuptials! (Prov. 3 and the Song of Solomon are also recommended contemplations for those of the marrying mind.)