Possible Contents of a SS Developer Kit.

DrRickBrown

Here is a list of some possible contents of a SwordSearcher Developer Kit. All you SS forum members feel free to add to this list.

* Documents containing complete and detailed instructions as well as Tips & Tricks for creating Bible, Commentary, Dictionary, and Book modules.

* A Special Developers Edition of SwordSearcher that would contain a super turbo-charged editor with features of both MS-Word and MS-Frontpage.

* A Forge compiler that gives you the option of creating an editable text file of the module being compiled.

* Sample Inno Setup files to cover a wide range of installation scenarios.

* Editable copies of a Bible module, a Commentary module, a Dictionary module, and a Book module.

* Utility that will print out a non-editable user module but not any of the modules that come with SwordSearcher.

That is all I can think of right now.

Dr. Brown, have you looked into what's already available? I'm not a developer, but it seems to me that SwordSearcher already fills the bill with most of these requests:

* Documents containing complete and detailed instructions as well as Tips & Tricks for creating Bible, Commentary, Dictionary, and Book modules.
SwordSearcher's current Help file is quite good.

* A Special Developers Edition of SwordSearcher that would contain a super turbo-charged editor with features of both MS-Word and MS-Frontpage.
The editor in SwordSearcher is fairly full of these features now.

* A Forge compiler that gives you the option of creating an editable text file of the module being compiled.
Unless I'm mistaken, Forge gives you this capability already.

* Sample Inno Setup files to cover a wide range of installation scenarios.
Brandon has posted sample Inno Setup files in this forum.

* Editable copies of a Bible module, a Commentary module, a Dictionary module, and a Book module.
You can create your own editable modules in either SwordSearcher or Forge now.

* Utility that will print out a non-editable user module but not any of the modules that come with SwordSearcher.
Maybe I don't understand this one but isn't that also one of the functions of Forge?

Please excuse me if I didn't understand the request...

Unless I'm mistaken, Forge gives you this capability already.

Forge takes a text file as its source. I must be misunderstanding what is being requested here, because it sounds like the source file already fits the bill for this request.

Maybe I don't understand this one but isn't that also one of the functions of Forge?

Forge doesn't print -- it just builds modules.

Clarification of Initial Post Concerning SSDK.

Brandon,

Concerning my Forge comments:

A Forge utility that will accept more than one type of input file, provides error-handling, and prints out and/or creates a text backup file in another directory. Also, if there are errors during the compile, Forge will print out and/or create a text file listing the errors and line numbers where the errors were encountered.

In other words make Forge more like the Microsoft C++ or Visual Basic compilers.

Currently Forge does not incorporate these features.

Re: Clarification of Initial Post Concerning SSDK.

Concerning my Forge comments:

Thanks -- I do appreciate the feedback. I do plan on continuing to develop Forge in the future and will definitely be considering your suggestions.

Response from Rick Brown Concerning Marty's Comments.

Marty,

I humbly suggest that you re-familiarize yourself with some of the later versions of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Frontpage, then re-familiarize yourself with the current features of SwordSearcher and Forge, then carefully compare the two, then re-read my suggestions.

I sincerely believe that if you do this you will be better prepared to make more realistic technical comments concerning my original and modified suggestions.

If I can be of any assisstance to you, please do not hessitate to contact me.

Christian Regards,

Dr. Rick Brown

I'd like to suggest a reading of 1co 13. I'd like to say more but I think I'll say less. I have to say something. :(

Good reading, Bill. Thank you for the reminder! :)

Re: Clarification of Initial Post Concerning SSDK.

In other words make Forge more like the Microsoft C++ or Visual Basic compilers.

Hey Brandon,

Please modify SwordSearcher so that it behaves more like Windows Media Player. I need it by next Tuesday. Chop chop.

:D

Back