Possible software bug

Editor

Have a question. Is this normal?

If you go into Books & Dictionaries window, let's say in Webster's 1828 (click inside that widow first) and do a `Find word´ by hitting Ctrl+F. Then type a WORD you know is in there, and you'll see them (the words found) high-lighted yellow, but the Find dialog box is hidden until you click inside that window again.

This is reproducible.

The Find dialog should always be on top, from the time you do a Ctrl+F, until you close it, yes?

Keep up the good work,

-Ed

The Find dialog should always be on top, from the time you do a Ctrl+F, until you close it, yes?

Yes, it should. I am not able to reproduce the behavior you describe. If you could please go to the Help menu and select System Information, the details there might help me. You can email them to support@swordsearcher.com -- thanks.

The find dialog stays on top for me.

But, within a pane it always opens with "highlight all matches" checked. If I uncheck it, it doesn't highlight anything when found, even though it finds the occurrences each time "next" is clicked.

Also, it highlights in yellow making it difficult to see any "finds" if you have yellow highlighting in the Bible pane.

The find procedure in the text editor works in a more useful way for me.

Is there a way to modify this?

Is there a way to modify this?

Not there, no. That particular Find dialog is a system one. Replacing it with a custom dialog is something I'd like to eventually do.

Sys Info sent a few mins ago.

I'm seeing what Wsbones is describing. Searching for a `big hit´ word like "the", unchecking the `highlight all´ box removes the yellow highlighting for every `hit´. Doing a next, next, next, cycles through the `finds´, but none are highlighted.

I my case, the Find dialog box is rendered I believe, but underneath the client, that is until you click `anywhere´ on SS and it appears.

So there are TWO possible bugs, one is an Always On Top issue, and the other a yellow highlight issue when `highlight all´ is unchecked.

Otherwise, looking and working good!

-Ed

More observations Using Ctrl+F.

See if you can repeat this behavior. Go to Tyn , Ex 6:1

1. Click in the main Bibles panel (left), do a Ctrl+F and type "will". A dozen or so occurrences will be highlighted.

2. Close the Find dialog box by clicking [X] in the upper-right corner.

3. Do another Ctrl+F and type "sons". Several words will be highlighted, AND the words "will" from 1st search highlighted as well.

4. Close the Find box again.

5. Do another Ctrl+F and type "took". One occurrence will be highlighted.. AND all the others above. :)

Isn't this unusual behavior for the `Find Text´ function in Win-7?
I use Ctrl+F all the time in Firefox browser and couldn't do without it.

Lol - maybe not for SS?

-Ed

For other users who may come across this: The issue likely relates to an install of Windows 7 having outdated MSHTML.DLL components on the system. If your system is allowed to update to the currently supported version of Internet Explorer by Microsoft, you shouldn't experience the described issues. Although SwordSearcher doesn't care what web browser you use, with Windows 7, certain components like MSHTML.DLL that SwordSearcher uses are updated when Windows Update processes Internet Explorer updates. For optimal behavior in SwordSearcher these components should be up to date. On most systems this is done automatically.

Back