PowerPoint Viewer for sword searcher

djmarko53

Was just thinking of a future option for sword searcher. It would be a viewer for PowerPoint presentation files. It would not be an editor, just simply a viewer and or player.
I have a lot of sermons and Bible presentations for PowerPoint. It sure would be nice to be able to access them from sword searcher while I am studying the Bible and or creating outlines and sermons at the same time. Thanks Brandon for this the consideration of this idea!

Mark

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
What would the advantage be to view these inside of SwordSearcher instead of viewing it in the actual PowerPoint viewer? Writing something to render PowerPoint presentations inside of SwordSearcher would be quite a significant project, and I am not sure why one would not just load it in the actual PowerPoint viewer in Windows.

As an alternative, perhaps just using a simple copy and paste will fill the need -- in the PowerPoint outline editor, copy all your text, then paste it into a SwordSearcher book entry. Then you get all of the presentation in outline form with auto-linked verses. To view the actual slides, though, you'd use PowerPoint.

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
What what if it was for someone who didn't have the PowerPoint program?

In that case, I'd suggest getting PowerPoint. Here's Microsoft's page on viewing PowerPoints without having it installed:

A web search shows the old standalone PowerPoint viewer tool is still available from various sources...