Prayer for my work situation

Truckerboy

As you may guess from my ID I am a truck driver by profession and work over here in the UK.

I have been working for my current company for nearly 3 years, but in the last few months the situation has become very, very difficult. My work involves delivering plaster-based products for the building trade, and there are around 30 drivers on this contract. A few of these drivers seem to get preferential treatment, and while this isn't fair I can cope with it. What I am struggling with is that another small number of drivers seem to be treated detrimentally compare with everybody else. As such, I have found things like obtaining uniform, safety footwear and so on almost impossible, and in the same way it is almost impossible to take any holiday. Despite taking a fortnight off over Christmas, I still have seven days leave owing me (out of an annual allowance of 28 days), even though by this time of year it is usual to only have one or two days holiday left.

As a Christian I work hard, do everything which is required of me and more, and do not "swing the lead" as many of the drivers do. I have never refused to do anything asked of me, neither have I turned round and returned to base before completing all the deliveries, as is common practice with most of the other drivers once they feel that they've had enough. Yet I am still constantly under the spotlight, being treated as though I am the worst employee in the company. The current economic climate is not particularly good, particularly in the transport industry, so being singled out in this way does have implications.

I have recently been reading the first few Psalms and several times felt that I could have been writing the words about my situation at work! I don't have any problem with the fact that God is in control, or that He is my employer, it is more that I am against the unrighteousness of the way the company is being run. Like the Psalmist, I could pray for God to confound my "enemies", defeat them or even destroy them that feel in my heart that I should pray for justice and righteousness to be brought into the workplace.

I would really appreciate your prayers in this, and would love to see change in the way things are done at work. Also, any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Yours in Jesus,
Truckerboy.

marty

Beta Tester
Truckerboy, work situations can be so stressful! When I read your post, Daniel and his friends came to mind with their obedience to God no matter what. You are in my prayers. May God bless you in all that you do!

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
The present climate in the world is a bad one, and the Scriptures prophesy worse to come, but it also comforts us to look up for our redemption draws near. When I faced a very unfair situation in my workplace the Lord gave me 1 Pet 2:18-25 to meditate on. I freely confess that it was extremely difficult but He giveth more grace.

I am praying for you.

Truckerboy

Thank you everybody for your prayers, I thought it might be worthwhile giving you an update on my work situation.

Although the economic climate has not changed at all over here in England, I am delighted to report that almost as soon as I had posted my prayer request there was a marked improvement in the atmosphere at work - Praise the Lord! Conversations with people in the transport office are pleasant,and I don't feel as though they are looking for any excuse to find fault with my work.

Once again, many thanks to your prayers!

Truckerboy.

RevTim

Beta Tester
Thank you everybody for your prayers, I thought it might be worthwhile giving you an update on my work situation.

Although the economic climate has not changed at all over here in England, I am delighted to report that almost as soon as I had posted my prayer request there was a marked improvement in the atmosphere at work - Praise the Lord! Conversations with people in the transport office are pleasant,and I don't feel as though they are looking for any excuse to find fault with my work.

Once again, many thanks to your prayers!

Truckerboy.
Praise the Lord!

{Now you don't have to consider running them over with your truck!

JUST kidding!}

Isn't it wonderful to know our God hears and answers our prayers (even if sometimes He says "Wait" or "No")? Yea & amen!

2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Truckerboy

Thanks, Mr RevTim. (What an unusual sirname!).

Our God is brilliant. It's a wonder more people don't want to get to know Him!

RevTim

Beta Tester
Thanks, Mr RevTim. (What an unusual sirname!).
I used to be "Pastor Tim" on here but I'm not pastoring at this time. I am serving as a deacon at our home church, teach in various capacities at church, fill the pulpit in our church and others, and serve the Lord in other ways. And I didn't give up my ordination. So I'm still "Rev. Tim" just not "Pastor Tim" (though some in & out of church do refer to me that way).

In fact next Sunday I'll be filling the pulpit at a church in a near-by town, so any prayers for God's will, wisdom & blessings would be appreciated. (I'd say they'd be coveted but I don't want to encourage anyone to break one of God's Top 10!)