Prayer Request - Seminary Extension

eddiefrye

:grin:
I have just enrolled into Seminary Extension and will start my first class very soon in Systematic Theology as well as How to Understand the Bible in May. I am working towards a Diploma in Christian Studies and am planning to also work toward an Advanced Diploma in Ministry Training. I believe through the Holy Spirit at this time that I am called to preach as an interim preacher when needed as well as to help others get educated in the Bible.
:!:
Pray that I will not loose sight of God Jehovah and His Son the Messiah Jesus Christ my Savior during this continuous process of training. That I will constantly seek His leading through His inerrant, infallible, living, Holy Scriptures. That He will give me the discipline, time and energy I will need while working a full time job while training.

God Bless and Thank You...

Eddie

RevTim

Beta Tester
I have just enrolled into Seminary Extension and will start my first class very soon in Systematic Theology as well as How to Understand the Bible in May. I am working towards a Diploma in Christian Studies and am planning to also work toward an Advanced Diploma in Ministry Training. I believe through the Holy Spirit at this time that I am called to preach as an interim preacher when needed as well as to help others get educated in the Bible.
:!:
Pray that I will not loose sight of God Jehovah and His Son the Messiah Jesus Christ my Savior during this continuous process of training. That I will constantly seek His leading through His inerrant, infallible, living, Holy Scriptures. That He will give me the discipline, time and energy I will need while working a full time job while training.

God Bless and Thank You...

Eddie
I have prayed for you and you have made a good request. Allow me one suggestion? Trying to earn good grades is important -- it is one way to measure how well you are doing and one way to show how serious you are about the Study of God's Word -- but don't let it become your end all and be all. Remember what they call the man who graduates last in his class from Med School? "Doctor." Be sure to try and do well with God's help, but remember that your SPIRITUAL development will have much more an impact on your life and ministry years after you graduate than your ability to parse a verb in Hebrew or being able to recall textbook definitions for theological terms like the "hypostatic union."

Remember, you ARE a Christian and you must continue to develop your ability to yield to the Spirit and BE a saint daily, even if that means sometimes your studies suffer a little bit from that. That's not a blanket excuse to sin -- see Rom. 6! -- but that is a recognition of the reality that the temptation to be a good STUDENT can sometimes frustrate and overthrow the NEED to be a good DISCIPLE of your Lord. (See also Matt. 5.13-16.)

The basic message of Scripture throughout is "learn the Word of God so you can obey the God of the Word." Learn and do. Study and apply. Know and live out your knowledge. "Book learnin" can be a boon or a boondoggle, and that is one area you can control (by being yielded ~ Eph. 5.18 ~ still before the Lord ~ Ps. 46.10 ~ and listening for that still, small voice to guide you ~ 1 Kings 19.12. You can hear it; you just have to be yielded, still and listening.

God bless you as you learn, grow, meditate, apply and live to serve the King!

eddiefrye

Your prayer and helpful insights are welcomed.
God Bless and Thank You ...
Your brother in Christ,
Eddie

MiltW

I pray for you that your heart will be filled with a love and desire for the Holy Scriptures the will surpass all other loves of literature. And that you will hunger and thirst after a clear understanding of The Word, regardless of what others may say. So that the words speak to you like our Lord, Himself standing before you.

Milt

I know what it is like to study and work. Lean not on your own understanding of strength, but upon the inspiration of the Spirit. Don't for get to take some time away from study and work, from time to time, as well as time with family.

eddiefrye

I really appreciate your prayers for Seminary Extension. I did enroll for the class but did not pull through because of having to many irons in the fire as well as not enough self-discipline. The reason being, is because I was wanting something that I believe God knew I was not ready for yet. My wife and I had to find a bible teaching and preaching christian church that would help us get off of the baby formula and eating real food. We have grown considerably together as members at the christian church we attend. This is most important for our relationship with each other and with God. I still have the books and will keep them in my library and use them for studies. I spoke to the NEW Director of Seminary Extension and he agreed that studying on my own time and at my own pace is better than just getting the paper in a frame. Nan and I do study at BBNBI.org. God is using us and we hope He continues to do so as we try to stay in His Holy word to serve His will and purpose. God Bless and Thank You...

RevTim

Beta Tester

pjfox777

Brother Eddie,

If/When the Lord leads you back into formal studies, I can recommend Andersonville Theological Seminary (that's where I have graduated from).

The coursework is Biblically solid, and challenging. They are also VERY reasonable with tuition and flexible in completing courses.

Praying for you brother.

pjfox777

What degree?
Oh, sorry! :oops:

I earned my Bachelors of Religious Education and my Masters of Christian Education there. It took me a few years, but I have learned a lot!

RevTim

Beta Tester
Oh, sorry! :oops:

I earned my Bachelors of Religious Education and my Masters of Christian Education there. It took me a few years, but I have learned a lot!
What do you think of any of their doctoral programs?

pjfox777

What do you think of any of their doctoral programs?
I think they look very good. I would, however (IMHO) stay away from some of the counseling programs. They get a little too much into psychology/psychiatry for me. ;)

The biggest reason I haven't continued on in my studies has been the time factor. If I do go back it will probably be with Andersonville. I just feel like I needed a break after finishing my Masters! :eek:

Just a little word of wisdom...don't take the non-thesis option! I did that and ended up doing something like 6 more research papers! :shock: I could have done just one and been finished! :rolleyes:

RevTim

Beta Tester
I think they look very good. I would, however (IMHO) stay away from some of the counseling programs. They get a little too much into psychology/psychiatry for me. ;)

The biggest reason I haven't continued on in my studies has been the time factor. If I do go back it will probably be with Andersonville. I just feel like I needed a break after finishing my Masters! :eek:

Just a little word of wisdom...don't take the non-thesis option! I did that and ended up doing something like 6 more research papers! :shock: I could have done just one and been finished! :rolleyes:
Thanks for the advice and kind words. I agree about most counseling programs. Have you heard of Psychoheresy Awareness Ministries?

TerriP

Brother Eddie,

If/When the Lord leads you back into formal studies, I can recommend Andersonville Theological Seminary (that's where I have graduated from).

The coursework is Biblically solid, and challenging. They are also VERY reasonable with tuition and flexible in completing courses.

Praying for you brother.
Is Andersonville online studies, i.e., distance education?

RevTim

Beta Tester
Is Andersonville online studies, i.e., distance education?
Yes, and I have thought long and hard about doing doctoral studies thru them, among other schools.

I have had other pastors recommend them, too.

RevTim

Beta Tester
The thesis option would be ideal for those who want to write a book... or maybe even a SwordSearcher module... :cool: