Prayer Request - Us

Rebekah Staggs

Staff member
Brandon, Nathan (Our son) and I would like to ask for your prayers. After waiting for 8 1/2 years this time we've been blessed with the news that we are expecting our second child. We are so thankful for this news.

Big-brother-to-be is just as happy and excited about the news as we are. Prayers are very welcomed. Thank you.

God is good!

Brother Mike

Congratulations on your blessing. Will be praying for you.

marty

Beta Tester
Wahoo! I know how happy you are, Jaebyrd - I had to wait for my second one, too! Congratulations! I'm praying that everything goes well with you and the baby! Praises, praises!

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone!

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
Hi JaeByrd, Brandon and Nathan,

I would like to offer my congratulations also. I am always happy to hear of Christians multiplying :). God bless and my prayers will be with you.

Ruthlyn

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
There's no easy way to break news like this.

God called Asher Zechariah home early. Rebekah miscarried, and the gestational sac passed whole, so there is no question that God called our child home. Although we mourn the loss and so badly wanted to spend more time with our child, we know that "all things work together for good to them that love God" (Romans 8:28 ). Asher will never know anything except his mother's love and God's glorious presence.

Please pray for quick healing, for God's comfort and peace to be felt, and for God's glory to be shown through this difficult time.

wsbones

Beta Tester
I'm sorry. I will pray.

We lost one many years ago. It's particularly hard on the woman. God also gave us a special child who just turned 29. It makes heaven something more to look forward to.

God will bless.

Brother Mike

Very sorry. We, as well, lost a child, our first, 10 years ago. We had her for 2 weeks, and now she waits in heaven for our reunion one day. Our gracious Lord has blessed us twice more since with two wonderful daughters.

I will be praying for you and your family.

marty

Beta Tester
My heart aches for you. I'm praying that God will give you comfort. I also miscarried a child. Hang in there - it will get better! Hugs to all of you!

Eric

Beta Tester
Brandon & JaeByrd,
Your response to this great heartache gives the glory to God. I thank Him for His grace which enabled your humble acceptance of heartbreak. I remember when we also suffered such a loss and therefore will try to pray for you remembering the sorrow.
Grace & peace to you!

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
Indeed, though we mourn we praise God for His all sufficient grace and His knowledge of all things. My heart breaks for your loss but I give God thanks that you are strong in Him and show it so wonderfully. May He bless you for sanctifying Him in the midst of your heartache.

My prayers are also with you all.

Ruthlyn

Rebekah Staggs

Staff member
I just realized I hadn't yet shared this in this forum:

Asher Zechariah means "Blessed Remembrance of God". He was our answer after years of prayer and infertility.

1 Samuel 1:27-28 For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him: Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD. ----

While Asher was only with us for a short time...his life brought hope and inspiration to other couples going through infertility. I don't understand all the whys, but God has been with us the whole time and now our child is with God.

BigEd

Beta Tester
I thought I had read everything in most all the forums, but must admit that I missed this thread until today. Time and again I had seen the dedication for SS5 from the opening screen and also when I did a Help>About, but only tonight did I decide to search the forums.

I therefore issue most belated condolensces to Brandon and family. I'm so very sorry for being so darned tardy.

However, I love the way you put it in your post, Brandon: "Asher will never know anything except his mother's love and God's glorious presence."

What a glorious thought and way of looking at it, my friend! Might I say that in this way Asher is luckier than all of us here. Your dear child had no chance to be poisoned by the world.

You will be reunited in the future.

May God bless you and your family...

Ed

eddiefrye

You are our family and we are sorry for your loss and are praying.

As children of God, one can only say for His will and purpose alone.

To God be all the Glory, in life and death to leave this temporal world and enter the real world with our loving creator.

I pray; Jesus, may we humble ourselves and bow down at your feet and give thanks to you for Asher Zechariah's life. Thank You for little children.

Mt 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Praise be unto God and give Him all the glory.