Prayer request

RevTim

Beta Tester
You ever ask, "So I wonder what it's like to..."

I don't have to wonder what it's like to have a heart attack any more.

I have long had respiratory problems, dating back to a bout of pneumonia at 19. This year was no exception, with bronchitis in December.

I was treated, and improved, but the cough came back. Not so unusual. I was having breathing issues with the coughing, and felt like someone had punched my lungs - and I have had that pain in the past. But this time was different.

As I understand it now, some time between last Friday and Monday, I must have had a heart attack. Mistaking the symptoms, I kept working until Wed, when I couldn't ignore the breathing difficulties further.

Good news / bad news: no covid! But imagine my shock when they told me they suspected a heart attack. And this has since been confirmed. Further tests revealed my damage was beyond the point of just stents, and so I will be having open heart surgery. I am writing this from my hospital room. I have two more tests Monday and Tuesday and likely surgery next Wed..

My surgeon seemed pleasant and likeable. He has done over 8,000 procedures and gave me some realistic hope. And he seemed open to the Gospel when I witnessed to him.

I would appreciate your prayers for me to experience Jesus here with me in crystal clear ways, for comfort for my family, for my surgeon and operation, for the Dr's salvation!, for the bills I won't be able to pay, and whatever else the Holy Ghost might bring to mind.

Of course, I would like to stick around to enjoy my grandson and so forth for some years to come, but what ever my lot, He has taught me to say it IS well with my soul.

tr21

RevTim,

Sorry you are experiencing this situation. We will pray for your protection and healing, for comfort, shalom, and provision for both you and your family, and that our Great Physician guides the hands of your surgeon and medical team as He heals you. And we'll pray for deliverance and redemption in Our Messiah for your Medical Team.

Blessings to you Brother and to your family, Tim

Johnny NL

I have long had respiratory problems, dating back to a bout of pneumonia at 19. This year was no exception, with bronchitis in December.

I was treated, and improved, but the cough came back. Not so unusual. I was having breathing issues with the coughing, and felt like someone had punched my lungs - and I have had that pain in the past. But this time was different.

As I understand it now, some time between last Friday and Monday, I must have had a heart attack. Mistaking the symptoms, I kept working until Wed, when I couldn't ignore the breathing difficulties further.

Good news / bad news: no covid! But imagine my shock when they told me they suspected a heart attack. And this has since been confirmed. Further tests revealed my damage was beyond the point of just stents, and so I will be having open heart surgery. I am writing this from my hospital room. I have two more tests Monday and Tuesday and likely surgery next Wed..

My surgeon seemed pleasant and likeable. He has done over 8,000 procedures and gave me some realistic hope. And he seemed open to the Gospel when I witnessed to him.

I would appreciate your prayers for me to experience Jesus here with me in crystal clear ways, for comfort for my family, for my surgeon and operation, for the Dr's salvation!, for the bills I won't be able to pay, and whatever else the Holy Ghost might bring to mind.

Of course, I would like to stick around to enjoy my grandson and so forth for some years to come, but what ever my lot, He has taught me to say it IS well with my soul.
Sir, ... All what you are expressing in your request is "aligned" in God's Will. I Pray THEE that first, HE may lift you up, hold you, in a way that you may be fearless. As a saved Bible believer, you ARE in God's Will, so may ALL hospital staff, be guided by The Lord's hand HIMself! I Pray the Lord, for a fast recovery, so you can run with your grandson. And keeping being your family's provider. In God's will, and for ye shall see the Rapture. As for the bills ... The Lord already look after them. I praise The Lord for ALLLLL His goodness, and Blessings.
Be Blessed...
Be Faithful...
Be strong.
In Jesus Christ's Name, AMEN.
I prayed.

marty

Beta Tester
Tim, I pray for great results for you from your operation/stay in the hospital. I will echo Johnny's beautiful prayer for you.

djmarko53

Tim,
I am ever mindful of you in my prayers. When someone obeys the gospel which is the power of God unto salvation, they have access to the Great Physician. A blessing that someone outside of Christ cannot enjoy or experience. I pray for you to have a measure of God's Grace to sustain and strengthen you during these trying times. May your Doctor have a steady hand, because He who gave you life promised "I will never leave you or forsake you." About three years ago I was facing a similar situation in my life. My circumstances were different in that I was facing the inevitable prospect of never walking again, and being confined to a wheelchair. Praise be to God! The Great Physician was with me and my neurosurgeon. At 67 I can still walk and work 30 hrs per week. True, things could have been much worse. But you and I can have access to a measure of God's Grace to sustain us. Which is what I pray for you. May He who gave us life guard you and keep you in Christ Jesus, not just because you trust and obey Him, but because He truly cares for you...

Mark: djmarko53
Rev 2:10--"Remain thou faithful...I will give thee a crown..."

S. Carpenter

Praying all has gone well. Please do get back to us when you can.

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
Tim I pray that all went well... I haven't been on the forum for quite a while so only now seeing this... looking forward to hearing that all went well and lifting you up before God's throne of mercy and grace 🙏 🙏

djmarko53

Wishing you a speedy recovery Tim. Sent you a msg about the time you went to the hospital. So glad
that you are at home. May God bless you and yours...

Mark

tr21

RevTim, awesome news!! Hallelujah!! Praying for a speedy recovery.

Blessings to you and your family, Tim

Johnny NL

AMEN ! ! !
This is GREAT to hear from you RevTim.....
Welcome Back !
Praise the LORD !

S. Carpenter

Hi everyone... I ended up needing 5x bypass. I have been discharged and am recovering at home. Thanks again for your prayers.
Truly miraculous! Obviously God wants you here longer. So glad you were able to tell us all you were discharged and recovering at home. Praying that will go well.

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
God be praised for His goodness and mercies 🙌 ... will continue praying for a speedy recovery for you!!!

Truckerboy

So here we are nearly 3 weeks later ................ how are you getting on, RevTim?