Prayers urgently needed

marty

Beta Tester
My dad, Bob Campbell, was admitted into the hospital this morning with chest pains and after tests and xrays, the doctor says it looks like lung cancer. Please, all you prayer warriors, pray for him. I've put him under God's grace and in our Father's hands. Please pray with us. He'll have a biopsy as soon as it can be scheduled.

Let's surround him with God's love. Thank you, friends!

You have my prayer support as well.

marty

Beta Tester
Thank you all! I knew I could count on you! I have nothing new to report for today, but I do appreciate your prayers - VERY much. It means a lot. I don't always reply when I read someone's prayer request, although I do always pray for them - I'll start posting from now on as I see that it's very comforting to see your responses. :)

john.a

Marty my prayers go with you and your dad also.
john.

Hebrews 4:16 (KJV) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
I also pray without responding with a post. Know that I'm here too. :)

marty

Beta Tester
Here's a quick update - Dad will have his lungs scoped and biopsied tomorrow morning at 9:00 Pacific time. We won't get the results of the biopsy until Tuesday, but I think the doctor will tell us right away what he sees with the scope. I'll keep you posted.

terrpn

On my face brother.............

marty

Beta Tester
Oh, torture! We won't know anything until tomorrow. The doctor left immediately after the test for his "office hours" and won't be in until the morning. Dad came through the test proceedure just fine. He's busy sleeping now.

I pictured all of you, swords drawn, surrounding his gurney during the test. Thank you!

marty

Beta Tester
Praise!

The doctor stopped by long enough to say that the airways were clear in Dad's lungs! He says that's a very good sign! I knew that there was Good News in the air!

The Chaplain came in earlier and prayed with us. It was very comforting.

marty

Beta Tester
We got the test results today - it is cancer. There's an area about the size of a small orange on the bottom of his lung that is a slow-growing Large Cell Cancer. They'll do more tests now to determine if it is contained, and if he has enough lung capacity for surgery. Please pray that the next tests turn out well so that surgery is possible! They should start the tests soon - maybe this afternoon.

Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!

Thank God that this is the best of the bad stuff and that we have good Christian doctors and staff to help us.

My prayers are also with you and your dad.

Ruthlyn

marty

Beta Tester
The news is bad - we still have some tests, but it's not looking favorable - probably has spread to his liver :(. I need strength. It's hard to keep my face good while I'm with Dad. Please hold me in prayer. Thank you!

TerriP

The news is bad - we still have some tests, but it's not looking favorable - probably has spread to his liver :(. I need strength. It's hard to keep my face good while I'm with Dad. Please hold me in prayer. Thank you!
Marty I am so sorry for the hurt you and your family are going through.

Marty I wish you could get the elements for communion and take it to have communion with him in the hospital. Can you do that?

Discern the Lord's body; take, eat, and discern His body (Isaiah 53:5). Take, drink, and discern the new testament in His blood.

Miracles abound for those who take communion worthily (1st Corinthians 11:27) which means in a worthy manner, which means discerning the body of Jesus Christ.

Lord I ask you now in Jesus' name to reveal yourself to Marty and her family, to help them to receive Your peace, the peace of Jesus, and the strength that comes from the joy of knowing You. Thank you Father, In Jesus' name I pray this for Marty, Amen.

God bless you, sister in Christ

marty

Beta Tester
I thought that I responded to you yesterday, Terri, but I don't see it here - thank you so much for the suggestion of Communion! I asked the Chaplain this morning and we had Communion and Annointing this afternoon.

Thank you, too, for the published prayer. John 14:27 is my 'special' verse: Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

God has surrounded us with Christian caregivers. I have special thanks for Dr. Coaker.

The nurse moved Dad into a private room yesterday and he was able to get some sleep last night. It has made his stay - and mine! - much more comfortable. It's the little things - we can turn the lights off and shut the door, we have our own thermostat so I'm not freezing all afternoon, and we have a private bathroom, so I don't have to chase down the hall carrying all my stuff.

I'm really leaning on you, brothers and sisters. Thank you for being there for us!