Prayers urgently needed

TerriP

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth. There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet. - Psalms 18:1-9

marty

Beta Tester
Re: Prayers urgently needed UPDATE

Dad was released from the hospital on Friday evening. He was re-admitted yesterday (Sunday) morning with complications. He's in ICU and will be here for several days.

The cancer is inoperable and has spread to his liver and probably beyond. Our goal now is to get him home and comfortable so he can enjoy whatever life our Lord has granted him.

I'm so thankful that my brother and sister are here to help with the decision making and care.

Dad isn't afraid of dying - he knows he's going to be with the Lord, and he's looking forward to seeing his wife (my mother) who passed in Feb. The thing we all dread is the process - a long, painful, drawn-out, poor life-quality death. We're praying that the end is sudden, nevertheless, as God wills.

Thank you for your continued prayer.

john.a

Marty, still praying. My brothers daughter is in the same situation as your dad,only further on. The sad thing is she refuses God's salvation and her mum and dad cant mention anything spiritual to her. He himself is in poor health.
But no matter, it doesn't make anything any easier for you Marty.

john

marty

Beta Tester
Thank you all for your prayers. Dad passed this afternoon. He was definitely seeing the world beyond before he died. My kids and I were with him when he went. He was a faithful Christian man.

Eric

Beta Tester
May God give you all great grace and peace!

Psalm 116:15 (KJV) Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

The following is from Barnes' Notes on the Bible in SS:

The idea here seems to be that the death of a good man is in itself of so much importance, and so connected with the glory of God and the accomplishment of his purposes, that he will not cause it to take place except in circumstances, at times, and in a manner, which will best secure those ends. The particular thought in the mind of the psalmist seems to have been that as he had been preserved when he was apparently so near to death, it must have been because God saw that the death of one of his friends was a matter of so much importance that it should occur only when the most good could be effected by it, and when the ends of life had been accomplished; that God would not decide on this hastily, or without the best reasons; and that, therefore, he had interposed to lengthen out his life still longer. Still, there is a general truth implied here, to wit, that the act of removing a good man from the world is, so to speak, an act of deep deliberation on the part of God; that good, and sometimes great, ends are to be accomplished by it; and that, therefore, God regards it with special interest.

TerriP

Thank you all for your prayers. Dad passed this afternoon. He was definitely seeing the world beyond before he died. My kids and I were with him when he went. He was a faithful Christian man.
Revelation 21:3-7 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Our Love in Christ reaches out to you, dear sister, and to your family and your father's friends.

Glory to God... Bob Campbell has moved to Heaven.

Terri P.

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
Marty,

May the Lord's blessings and comfort be with you.

RevTim

Beta Tester
Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Praying,
Rev. Timothy Shumer

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
Brother,

I always find comfort in this portion of scripture when a loved one in the Lord moves on:

1 Thess 4:13-18 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

The God of all comfort be with you and your family at this time.

Love in Christ
Ruthlyn