Added! Pulpit Commentary

wsbones

Beta Tester
Would it be desirable to add The Pulpit Commentary to the official books of SS library in the future. It seems to be in the public domain although several software publishers have put it into their software and copyrighted it. It's a huge commentary. I found an HTML version posted on the internet that seems to have come from Ages Software (copyrighted) See link at http://www.esnips.com/web/PulpitCommentary/.

=======
Here's a writeup from a Logos ad that indicates a public domain version was used in their software:
=======
Edited by: Rev. H.D.M. Spence, D.D., and Rev. Joseph S. Exell, M.A.
Published by: Funk & Wagnalls
Publication date: 1890s
77 electronic volumes; 26,000 pages

Veteran preachers already know the value of this best-selling commentary set, but it's also perfect for lay leaders. Far more than just a simple commentary, it provides an unrivalled range of homiletic helps that go a long way toward presenting the biblical text in a Sunday school lesson, sermon, or Bible study.
Additional Information

The Pulpit Commentary covers every book of the Bible, with at least three treatments of every verse. For each biblical chapter, the commentary includes an Exposition, Homiletics, and various sample Homilies.

* Exposition
Commentary on the passage, with exegetical, interpretive, theological, historical, and geographical observations. Written by the author of that volume.
* Homiletics
A guide for preaching or teaching through the passage, with personal application, devotional insights, and observations about the rhetorical structure of the passage. Written by the author of that volume.
* Homilies
Actual sermons from various contributors, covering a couple of verses or a pericope. Typically, a brief introduction followed by 2-5 "points" with a number of references to other passages that provide biblical context.

Taken together, the three treatments of each passage provide a detailed outline of key concepts in the passage, while imparting a rich sense of biblical context--context of both the immediate book and the larger themes of Scripture.

NOTE: The version of The Pulpit Commentary available for Logos Bible Software is the Public Domain edition, not the Hendrickson Publishers edition.

I'll look into it; thanks.

I was wondering if any work has been done on the The Pulpit Commentary.

I am also looking for modules on Kenneth Wuest .

No; to my knowledge a Pulpit Commentary module is not available for SwordSearcher at this time.

UPDATE!

The Pulpit Commentary has been added to SwordSearcher as of version 5.4.

Back