Punctuation question

Regie

Hello,

There are modules which I have created and some modules that came with the new edition of SwordSearcher that have something like | instead of either " or -

The new module on Pulpit Commentary is loaded with error in this type stuff. Is there some setting under preferences or somewhere else that will make these markings show up properly as either " or - ?????

Thanks,
Regie

Maybe I discovered my own answer by going to the help files. As I thought it might be under File, Preferences, so I just experimented and changed the Fonts and Colors from ab? Courier to Times New Romans. It did the job as best I can tell. I don't know what the ab in front of the Courier means but the switch changed my module back to normal and as far as I can tell it changed the Pulpit commentary back to normal punctuation.

Regie

I'm not really sure what you've described. If you notice it again, please email me and let me know what entry in the Pulpit commentary you see it in.

I'm not really sure what you've described. If you notice it again, please email me and let me know what entry in the Pulpit commentary you see it in.

It healed itself :) when I changed from the Courier font to Times New Roman and then later it was fine when I switched to Verdana. There was something about that Courier font that just made the dash and the quote marks show up wrong. Maybe if you change yours to Courier it might mess it up too. I don't know why.

I notice this Courier has ab in the front of it and also a few other fonts have those letters "ab" in front of them. Maybe that means that font is only good on alphabetical characters and not on punctuation, etc. I don't know - just a wild guess. :)

Thanks much & MGB,
Regie

That makes sense. Some fonts don't display every character exactly the same. The default Verdana font should handle just about everything SwordSearcher throws at it, though. Glad it's working for you.

If you're using Windows Vista, the Segoe font is a good one, too.

Back