Remote access

Hmlss

It would be awesome to be able to remote access swordsearcher from my cell phone (Microsoft Remote Access). I don't currently own a computer so it would be awesome if I could remote into my account on perhaps a swordsearcher maintained computer.
it's so frustrating trying to use some of the other tools out there that I don't trust or can't find what I'm looking for... when I know right where I need to look in swordsearcher but can't get to it cuz I don't have swordsearcher on my cell phone.

There are various solutions (apps/etc) for remote desktop access, but they don't have anything to do with the programs you want to run. It is possible to run remote desktop sessions from a cell phone to a Windows PC. I wouldn't recommend it for any length of time, though. Desktop applications designed to work with a mouse and keyboard can be unwieldy on a tiny phone screen.

For more information you could start here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...sktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-android

Desktop applications designed to work with a mouse and keyboard can be unwieldy on a tiny phone screen.

It seems like the only option I could think of. And everything is "unwieldy on a tiny phone screen". There is no portable app or USB install available for swordsearcher so I can't use a borrowed computer or one at a library for example. no way to install swordsearcher on a phone to plug it into a computer so I could run big screens and a keyboard and tether or cast it to a computer or big screen or something. But you still can't hover with the "mouse or cursor" from a phone either and so it's maybe just not going to work no matter what.

It's kind of your fault for making Superior software so it feels like the only solution some of us want to use.

It's a little difficult to describe the anxiety and frustration when you can't get to use swordsearcher when you need to find something.

Last edited:
It's kind of your fault for making Superior software so it feels like the only solution some of us want to use.

I appreciate the sentiment. :)

A mobile version of SwordSearcher would be an entirely new project and product. I've shared details about my thoughts on that in other threads. The bottom line is that even if I did have a "phone SwordSearcher" to give you it would be a different program, and I am very resistant to the idea of doing a "one size fits all" approach that ends up with a "least common denominator" feel. So I am still focused on the desktop application.

The best way to run SwordSearcher in a portable fashion is to get a small form factor PC like a Microsoft Surface Book or one of the many other netbook-style Windows PCs that are light and easy to carry. Many, many SwordSearcher users have this kind of setup.

Back