Save Current Layout

Editor

This question relates to the SCL function. I've been comparing the words `symbol´ and `sign´, or more accurately `symbolize´ and `signify´, and have several search results panels tabbed together in one panel (frame).. for panels in all.

Will SCL save all those searches and results? or just the layout and general size of the panels?

Suppose just try it and see?

-Ed

p.s. all panel TABS are on top (of each panel).. except for the Search results panel. They are on the bottom. Not only that, all the inactive tabs are gray, except for the Search results panel. They are white.

The layout does not save the content of the panels, no.

You could make a user module and copy the search results that you want to keep to it.

I do the same, and date and title my search....very easy to get back to it.
love it !!!!

You could make a user module and copy the search results that you want to keep to it.
Thanks for that tip. Thinking of it more, SCL saves the GUI arrangement, yes? Was thinking about a Save Project feature, which another `editor´ software features. There's no problem with RAM and CPU (Core i7) on this computer for regenerating multiple searches. Hey, is it possible to do multiple simultaneous SS8 searches? Just brainstorming. :cool:

Anyway, am also trying to Configure Module Sets but botched it up at first, then did a Restore from Automatic Backup. Nice!

Really though, I'm looking in the HELP file a lot (and trying to do too much all at once). Another observation. If you're in a dialog box, and click the HELP button.. Help comes up, but its locked until you close the dialog box (which is now behind the Help window).

These are not complaints, and I REALLY like this software!! and use it every day so far.

-Ed

is it possible to do multiple simultaneous SS8 searches?

Bible searches are virtually instantaneous, can you be more specific about what you'd like to see?

These are not complaints, and I REALLY like this software!! and use it every day so far.

thanks! :)

Bible searches are virtually instantaneous, can you be more specific about what you'd like to see?

Thanks for the reply.

To be brief, was comparing the words symbolize and signify and had three search [results] tabs in the LS panel. Was thinking how to save that project??

As for search speed.. and this was going to be another topic. Where did the phrase "are you out of you mind?" come from?

Try doing a FLS (Alt+L) for the exact phrase "out of your mind". How long does it take on your PC? What about a more complex phrase?

-Ed

I do the same, and date and title my search....very easy to get back to it.

Sounds like you're on to something there (a good idea, that is).. the date and title part. In my printed lawyer's set of OT and NT which is 5 volumes, 8-1/2 x 11, and spiral bound (easy to lay flat and make notes), I'm ALWAYS writing the date when reading and making notes in the margins.

Again this was going to be anther topic about a `journal´, or adding a date to scripture after reading it.

-Ed

And the way I date stuff...... year/month/day...: 20160926, so it is like a "code search".
Plus, a significant title.

To be brief, was comparing the words symbolize and signify and had three search [results] tabs in the LS panel. Was thinking how to save that project??

Presently there isn't a way to save the layout with the content. Search result panel contents do not get saved with the layout. It is something that may be considered for a future feature addition.

As for search speed.. and this was going to be another topic. Where did the phrase "are you out of you mind?" come from?

Try doing a FLS (Alt+L) for the exact phrase "out of your mind". How long does it take on your PC? What about a more complex phrase?

Ah, I see. Thanks for the additional information. (That search [in exact phrase mode] takes about 10 seconds to complete across the entire library on my machine. Generally speaking, the longer the phrase is, the less time it will take to complete the search, because the extra words exclude more entries from the phrase lookup process.)

The Full Library Search is already threaded -- meaning it is using multiple CPU threads to perform the search. Allowing additional full library searches to run at the same time would only cause them all to appear more slowly.

Back