Saving changes

GeorgeCurtis

I have always used the green check-mark to save changes when editing a module so I would know the changes were made when the check-mark dimmed. It seems that since the last Program Version 6.1.1.3, the check-mark stays bright green so I either have to check the module to see if the changes were made or just trust that it was done. Was that something that was changed in this version or am I missing something like a preference?

I just checked this. The check mark in the user editor changes color for me when the content changes, and returns to a gray checkmark when the entry is saved. I do not know why it would be behaving differently for you. There is no preference option for this.

Does the text properly save for you?

This is happening to me again. I paste a document into the "Scan text....," copy standardized, paste that into "Edit this entry," and no green check mark. So I changed the size of the font in edit mode and got a green check mark. I tried another entry and used the same procedure and this time I had to change the font several times. Then I finally got the green check. The next entry I accidentally skipped the "Scan text" step and copied directly from Word into "Edit..." and got the green check. Then I backed up and ran that same text through "Scan text." Pasted into the entry edit. No green check. Changed the font size and got the green check. When I finally get the green check, the entry saves properly and all is well. It's just a peculiar situation. I'm running Windows 7, SwordSearcher Program Version 7.0.1.3 (x64).

This is happening to me again. I paste a document into the "Scan text....," copy standardized, paste that into "Edit this entry," and no green check mark. So I changed the size of the font in edit mode and got a green check mark. I tried another entry and used the same procedure and this time I had to change the font several times. Then I finally got the green check. The next entry I accidentally skipped the "Scan text" step and copied directly from Word into "Edit..." and got the green check. Then I backed up and ran that same text through "Scan text." Pasted into the entry edit. No green check. Changed the font size and got the green check. When I finally get the green check, the entry saves properly and all is well. It's just a peculiar situation. I'm running Windows 7, SwordSearcher Program Version 7.0.1.3 (x64).

The problem you are experiencing can be fixed by downloading the free program update to 7.1. It's on this page on the mid-right: http://www.swordsearcher.com/upgrade.html

Back