Screen and Sleep

wsbones

Beta Tester
SS doesn't let computer inactivity blank the screen or put the computer to sleep.

SS doesn't let computer inactivity blank the screen or put the computer to sleep.
The only condition that should prevent sleep or screen saver is if you are playing audio. This was done by request so people could play Bible audio without interacting with their computer every few minutes.

It should not prevent sleep if you don't have audio running.

My system blanks the screen with SwordSearcher running as expected.

I wonder if there may be another system setting that can affect this?

The only condition that should prevent sleep or screen saver is if you are playing audio. This was done by request so people could play Bible audio without interacting with their computer every few minutes.

It should not prevent sleep if you don't have audio running.

My system blanks the screen with SwordSearcher running as expected.

I wonder if there may be another system setting that can affect this?
I listened to audio earlier in the session. Then I went outside for a couple hours. The screen was still on. Other apps or just the desktop seem to blank after 15 minute setting. I'll restart the computer and try SS without using audio.

I set the screen off time to 1 minute. Then I started SS fresh. The screen blanked after 1 minute. Then I played Scourby for a few seconds and click the stop button. The player looks like this.
1723593618367.png

After that the screen would not blank at all.

If I start the player again, it starts at the beginning of the chapter. When the stop button is pressed, shouldn't that reset the player to a not-in-use state so that the screen-off setting in Windows could work?

If I start the player again, it starts at the beginning of the chapter. When the stop button is pressed, shouldn't that reset the player to a not-in-use state so that the screen-off setting in Windows could work?
Yes, it should. I'll look into this.

I have the same issue, but I've never thought of it as an issue 😏... but I do have to close the program after playing audio for the screensaver to come on otherwise the screen remains open. I use the desktop mainly for the playing of the Bible so I used to just switch the screen off while it is playing and I'm puttering around listening. However, of late I just leave the screen on so I can quickly check on what I hear as it seems that I'm hearing so much more of God's Word lately. Isn't He marvelous!!!

In the meantime, the "disable screen saver" option can be turned off in the Audio Bible configuration:

1724325329185.png

Back