Search engine

Regie

Hello,

The main thing I'd like to see in SwordSearcher is a faster search engine - one that would equal the speed of Online Bible in word and phrase searches.

SwordSearcher is great and fast for other searches but not for word or phrase searches.

Thanks much Brandon for the great software product. Above is the only feature that I'd like to see improved.

MGB,
Regie

Regie said:
SwordSearcher is great and fast for other searches but not for word or phrase searches.

Thanks much Brandon for the great software product. Above is the only feature that I'd like to see improved.

Just to be clear, the Bible Search is nearly instantaneous for word and phrase searches, as well as searching for verse references with the Topic and Verse Guide.

I understand your post to me that you would like to see a faster search function for commentaries and non-Bible books, correct?

Yes sir, that is right. It is the word and phrase searches in the commentaries and books that I am talking about. The search for texts is super and the thing I like is that it is uniform throughout - not so in other software products that I know of. In other products Genesis might be Ge or Gen or Genesis and if you want to find them you might have to just search for them 3 times and if you are looking for Genesis 1:3 in others you won't find it if it is listed as Genesis 1:1-8 for example. SwordSearcher is great and as far as I know there is no other software that will do like SwordSearcher does in that regard.

Thanks again,
Regie

Regie, honest question: how much faster do you need it? Why?

Just curious. Never struck me the search engine wasn't fast enough, but perhaps you have a need or a perspective I'm not thinking of.

I'd like to learn. Blessings...

Dear Pastor Tim,

I never did answer you on this but the answer is in the things that Brandon mentioned - faster for searching in books, etc.

Why? I just like fast and don't want to see anything faster than SwordSearcher. :)

MGB,
Regie

Well that's fine.

Just never struck me the search feature wasn't fast enough, but no biggie.

Blessings.

I just wanted to let you know that I have "big plans" in regards to the search functionality of SwordSearcher.

In addition to making the commentary and non-Bible book searching just as fast as the Bible searching already is, I am planning on some significant new search functions as well.

Back