Implemented! Search window

wsbones

Beta Tester
Would it be a useful feature to have a button in the search range section to search the various divisions of the Scripture. For example the button label could be DIVISIONS. When clicked a selector would come up with the following preset ranges:
Law/Pentateuch (Ge-De)
History (Jos-Est)
Poetry/Wisdom (Job-Ec)
Major Prophets(Isa-Da) (or combine Major and Minor into Prophets)
Minor Prophets (Ho-Mal)
Gospels (Mt-Joh) (and maybe include Acts called Church)
Paul's Epistles (Rom-Heb?)
General Epistles (Ja-3Jo)

I realize that you can set these manually. Some would be more used that others like Gospels, Paul's, Poetry, Prophets.

Just a thought but it also explicitly indicates that the Scriptures should be rightly divided (2Ti 2:15).

Any opinions?

I'll add this to my list for consideration during future development.

Thanks,

Re: Custom search window

In the custom search window I set the first verse at Matthew by typing "ma" and it locates the book. Then I tab to the end box and type "joh" for John. When I do this, it changes the start from Matthew to Joshua.

Using the mouse to select from the list works fine but it's much quicker to type the 1st few letters.

Thanks for the report.

Re: Custom search window

In the custom search window I set the first verse at Matthew by typing "ma" and it locates the book. Then I tab to the end box and type "joh" for John. When I do this, it changes the start from Matthew to Joshua.

Using the mouse to select from the list works fine but it's much quicker to type the 1st few letters.

And here all along I thought it was just me having troubles like this!

Back