spanish Bible

Brent

what version of the Reina Valera is the one labeled SRV?
And is the 1960 available?

thanks

what version of the Reina Valera is the one labeled SRV?

Here's the module description:

Spanish Reina-Valera 1909 Bible
Spanish Reina-Valera 1909 Bible with Strong's numbers (March 2012)

La Santa Biblia
Antiguo y Nuevo Testamento

Antigua versión de Casiodoro de Reina (1569), revisada por Cipriano de Valera (1602) y cotejada posteriormente con diversas traducciones, y con los textos hebreo y griego.

Sociedad Bíblica Americana
Sociedad Bíblica Británica y Extranjera

The text of Reina-Valera 1909 is in the public domain.
Strong's numbers tagging developed by Rubén Gómez.

And is the 1960 available?

No.

There is few "other" language version, not available... I am also looking into "Ostervalad Jean Frederic 1744". Mr. Staggs already looked into it, and so did certain members in here, and unfortunately, It is all about copyrights issues.

Why don't you give the RVG2010 a try? Many feel it's a better translation (myself included). And it's pretty much public domain, as long as you give credit and don't change anything.
In every way Reina Valera 1960 is superior and best translation ever than any other Bible in spanish!...just give me an instance where you think it is not?...I believe the RV1960 it is the inspired translation of the Bible in spanish just as the KJV is in english!......

In every way Reina Valera 1960 is superior and best translation ever than any other Bible in spanish!...just give me an instance where you think it is not?...I believe the RV1960 it is the inspired translation of the Bible in spanish just as the KJV is in english!......

Please do not have this debate here. Take it to private messaging if you must. Bottom line is that the 1960 text is a modern copyrighted work and requires licensing that is not feasible for my tiny company.

Back