Strong's modules very basic

Editor

Hi all.

One of the main features in SS was... it included Strong's concordance. The Eval feature of SS8 had pop-up translations of Hebrew and Greek which was great, but no Module to view.

Now that the FULL version of SS is installed, the modules appear to be not much more than the pop-up content? So the Strong's modules aren't going to be comprehensive enough.

Are there any more COMPREHENSIVE Strong's module plugins available?

Example: in Deuteronomy 16:18, the word gate in SS module translates..

"an opening, i.e. door or gate:—city, door, gate, port"

However since Deuteronomy is a Law book..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Deuteronomy

Ancient Greek: Δευτερονόμιον, Deuteronómion, "second law"; Hebrew: דְּבָרִים, Devārīm, "[spoken] words"

The word Gate means Court of Law in De 16:18, which happen to be located near the city's gates.

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/8179.htm

NASB Translation

cities (2), city (2), court (2), courts (1), each gate (1), every gate (1), every gate (1), Gate (49), gate (195), gatekeepers* (1), gates (88), gateway (4), gateway* (2), town (6), towns (13).

So.. how to go forward with it?

Should I start a new User Module with detailed translations related to Law?

-Ed

p.s. this isn't an issue with Sword Searcher platform, which is very good!!

The Strong's lexicons are the definitions from Strong's dictionaries. SwordSearcher does not have any edited/augmented ones, they are the definitions as they were printed in the original Strong's Concordance. They are glosses, really.

Should I start a new User Module with detailed translations related to Law?

If you'd like to create a personal dictionary, that's the way to go about it. However, SwordSearcher's integration of the Strong's lexicon definitions isn't modifiable. I just mention this so you can keep it in mind as to expectations of functionality.

Brandon, thanks for the quick reply.

Ok.. it's good to see the original definitions from Strong's presented in the module. Yes, I've started a User Module and have put `htm´ links to Bible Hub for more comprehensive Hebrew look-up.

Again, SS platform works better than expected, that is it links scripture `right away´ for notes added by the User, and also `loads verses referenced´ by the user automatically. :)

-Ed

p.s. there's a good description on gates as `courts´ in Coke's commentary for De 16:18.

Back