SwordSearcher 9.0 Hotfix 2 update available

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
(This is blogged here.)

SwordSearcher 9 has a free update, version 9.0.3.23108. This update includes:
  • Added support for additional digital editions of Scourby and McLean audio Bibles.
  • Fixed an issue with the preferences configuration window.
  • Improved visibility of the Quick Concordance “new” tab.
  • Fixed possible error condition when trying to clone a user book panel from an empty user book.
  • Fixed possible error when setting active verse or currently narrated verse visual style (background color).
  • Fixed possible error when saving user module.
  • Fixed bookmarks and clone panels not always properly restoring scroll position on systems using a comma as a decimal separator.
  • Fixed an issue with verse auto-paste (Ctrl+Alt+V).
  • Fixed: Changing the color mode from dark to light and then closing could cause harmless but unwanted Windows crash dumps.
  • Fixed a potential crash when importing invalid reading plan templates.
  • Other minor fixes.
  • Some speed optimizations.
  • Minor help file corrections.
All fixes from hotfix 1 are also included. These are:
  • Fixed: if a bookmark was set from the main Bookmarks menu (invoking dialog), the bookmark menu item caption wouldn’t update until the next time SwordSearcher was started.
  • Light mode menu text color fix on Windows 11.
  • Fixed some UI painting issues.
  • Fixed mouse wheel not scrolling tree view in Images Viewer.
  • Fixed clone panel content links sometimes not resolving to the correct module.
  • Fixed search result panel captions changing to long format when layout was reset or changed.
  • Fixed: in the editor, a manually created href link could cause the program to freeze when switching to the code editor if it was missing a closing quotation mark.
What’s a “hotfix?”

A hotfix is a minor update to fix bugs that were discovered after the official release. It is strongly recommended that you install the hotfix to keep your SwordSearcher experience as good as it can be.

How can I get it?

Just open SwordSearcher and go to the Help menu, and choose Check for Updates. This will show you any updates available to you and give you a download link, if applicable.

That’s the preferred way to check for updates. You can also directly download the hotfix here:

Download: SwordSearcher-9.0.3.23108-Hotfix.exe (26.1 MB)

If you’re using a version of SwordSearcher prior to 9.0, be sure to read about what’s new in 9.0 and get your upgrade here.

Last edited:
Indeed, thanks Brandon for your continued efforts to improve an already GREAT product. It's MUCH appreciated!! May our Lord's blessings be upon you and your family always.... wouldn't it be grand when we meet up in heaven to worship our Saviour forever and ever? What a day, glorious day that would be 🙌

Thank you for a great program, I have never had a problem updating but I have been unable to download the new update. I am blocked out as a spam site. I have tried to add SwordSearcher several times and nothing seems to work.
Can you help a 91-year-old man to correct this error?

Thank you so much.

Charlie

Thank you for a great program, I have never had a problem updating but I have been unable to download the new update. I am blocked out as a spam site. I have tried to add SwordSearcher several times and nothing seems to work.
Can you help a 91-year-old man to correct this error?
Probably just your anti-virus over-reacting. The built-in anti-virus for Windows doesn't have this kind of problem, but lots of third-party anti-virus is designed to block practically everything in the name of safety. You could try temporarily disabling your anti-virus. If that doesn't help, please contact me by email at support@swordsearcher.com and we will try to figure out what is happening.

Back