SwordSearcher for Mac

Stephen Brace

Hey Brandon,

First of all, if this question has been asked before and answered I would like to apologize in advance. I tried to do a search for old threads regarding this matter but did not come up with anything.

So, I was wonder if there are any plans in the future of making a version of the program that can be run natively on the macOS? I have a Windows laptop now with SwordSearcher installed on it and it runs great. I know that it's possible to bootcamp Windows and use the program that way, but I didn't have any desire to do that. If you don't have any plans to do so could you possibly share why not?

I admit that I don't have any experience creating a program and I know very little about programming in general, but I was wondering what an endeavor like that that would entail?

I appreciate your time and I look forward to your response. God bless. :)

I admit that I don't have any experience creating a program and I know very little about programming in general, but I was wondering what an endeavor like that that would entail?

Essentially, a separate, new project. Basically, a native-Mac version would require several years of development, mostly from the ground-up, because SwordSearcher has been designed for Windows and uses the native Windows API (Application Programming Interface) that does not work on Mac. Since I am a single developer, that would mean putting the development of SwordSearcher for Windows on hold while that is done.

Since the Mac has various ways of running Windows software, including Parallels Desktop which will let you run any Windows software, it doesn't seem prudent to do it, since my passion is for the program I have already made and continue to develop and support. (Also, some people have been able to make it work with Crossover.)

Back