SwordSearcher Running On Mac With Parallels Having Issue With Adding Audio Bibles

Lonard Niehaz

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else who is running SwordSearcher on Mac using Parallels is having an issue with adding audio bibles and if they did how did they fix it. Everything is up to date and I know the audio bible I am trying to add is not the problem and I know that SwordSearcher is not the problem either. Because I also have the trial version of CodeWeaver's Crossover and it added it and works fine on that application but not on my trial version of Parallels. I took two screenshots to show what happens every time. Anyone experience this? First time ever using a forum, because I can't find any answers to my question anywhere else.
Thank you in advance for any help someone can give.
Lonard Niehaz

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 3.48.09 PM.pdf
    162 KB · Views: 250
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 3.48.23 PM.pdf
    127 KB · Views: 218
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else who is running SwordSearcher on Mac using Parallels is having an issue with adding audio bibles and if they did how did they fix it. Everything is up to date and I know the audio bible I am trying to add is not the problem and I know that SwordSearcher is not the problem either. Because I also have the trial version of CodeWeaver's Crossover and it added it and works fine on that application but not on my trial version of Parallels. I took two screenshots to show what happens every time. Anyone experience this? First time ever using a forum, because I can't find any answers to my question anywhere else.
Thank you in advance for any help someone can give.
Lonard Niehaz

Update - Problem solved! Parallels contacted me back and solved issue ... SwordSearcher is working 100%!!! Here is solution if anyone else has same problem: Since I was running a virtual machine on parallels (Windows 10), the audio bible I had downloaded was technically not on the Windows 10 drive, but on my Mac drive. I didn't know this because Parallels automatically syncs the files on my Mac to the files on the VM so that it appears my files are on the PC when they really aren't . That's why Swordsearcher kept showing the error, "You must select a folder from a drive on your computer." So...all I had to do was copy the audio bible folder from wherever it was on my Mac on to the Local Disk on the Windows 10. As soon as I did that, Swordsearcher recognized the folder, and added it as an audio bible. I attached a screenshot to show it more clearly. Hopefully this helps anyone else that encounters the same issue. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 4.46.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 4.46.41 PM.png
    180.8 KB · Views: 231
Back