Tabs

djmarko53

How about a couple ideas for Tabs in SwordSearcher:
(1) Ability to have a longer Tab Text so that a user can easily discern what book
or Commentary that a tab is associated with. For instance, if I have Surgeon's
verse exposition under SwordSearcher with a tab that says "CHSVsExpo" Why
Not have a tab that says "CHS Verse Expo" instead? Or an even longer tab that
displays something longer like "Spurgeon Verse Expos". And if the Longer tab
Crowded out the next tab, or so, the tab would automatically move to the next
row of tabs. It is rather daunting experience if you have 200 tabs. Might make
It easier to spot the module you are looking for if you can allow more characters
to be displayed on screen. Maybe user could change in settings a greater number
of characters for a tab, maybe 25 characters instead of 10 characters. Perhaps this
could be set when you first create a User book or commentary module.
(2) What about color coding tabs. Devotional books could have a hello tab. Books on
Salvation could be light blue, Reference books could be light green. Dictionaries could
Be another color. This could also be set when you first create a module. And if you don't
Like a tabs color you could go back a change the color of a module's tab.

Mark

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
Or an even longer tab that
displays something longer like "Spurgeon Verse Expos". And if the Longer tab
Crowded out the next tab, or so, the tab would automatically move to the next
row of tabs. It is rather daunting experience if you have 200 tabs.
I really don't recommend having 200 tabs visible. I can't imaging that being a useful experience. Please watch this video about library tabs:

You can have the full names of all of your tabs instantly just by clicking the down-arrow on the tab control:

1641089788563.png

Incidentally, that menu you see is also searchable with the keyboard.

Making the tabs even longer would occupy far too much screen real estate.

The idea to allow for custom colors of individual tabs is a good idea. That is on the feature request list; though I am concerned about it clashing with other existing features, namely the corresponding tab color -- which would make sense to take precedence?, etc.

S. Carpenter

I really don't recommend having 200 tabs visible. I can't imaging that being a useful experience. Please watch this video about library tabs:

You can have the full names of all of your tabs instantly just by clicking the down-arrow on the tab control:

View attachment 1846
Incidentally, that menu you see is also searchable with the keyboard.

Making the tabs even longer would occupy far too much screen real estate.

The idea to allow for custom colors of individual tabs is a good idea. That is on the feature request list; though I am concerned about it clashing with other existing features, namely the corresponding tab color -- which would make sense to take precedence?, etc.
Just wanted to say: I love the videos you have made for using Sword Searcher. I return to them pretty frequently as sometimes I forget the details of something, and a review helps tremendously. Thank you for all your hard work to make figuring things out so accessible.