Text to Speech (TTS)

wsbones

Beta Tester
I just discovered how to use Microsoft Narrator to read books and other text in SS. Here's a link with the commands: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hear-text-read-aloud-narrator#1TC=windows-8

I am using Windows 8.1 on a PC. The Windows Key + Enter starts Narrator. Then put the cursor in the book window (or any window) where you want to start reading and type CapsLock M. To stop Narrator type Windows Key + Enter again. "Microsoft David" has a very understandable voice in Windows 8.

It takes a little practice and I am still learning.

Would you believe only this week I thought to myself I would love to get a narrator for the books in SS! I even tried looking for the MS narrators but duty called and I did not get back to it. So thanks Bill :)!

Brandon, could TTS be implemented inside SS using an icon, right click menu, or hotkey to start and stop reading a book, commentary, or even the Bible?

Brandon, could TTS be implemented inside SS using an icon, right click menu, or hotkey to start and stop reading a book, commentary, or even the Bible?

I'll have to look into that. It seemed to me that the TTS reading mispronounced quite a bit, but it wouldn't hurt to have it as an option.

Back