The New Cambridge Paragraph Bible

I am considering obtaining a copy of The New Cambridge Paragraph Bible, I read and study the KJV. Is there anyone who has read the New Cambridge Paragraph, and would you recommend it.

The New Cambridge Paragraph Bible with the Apocrypha is a newly edited edition of the King James Version of the Bible published by Cambridge University Press in 2005. This 2005 edition was printed as The Bible in 2006. The editor is David Norton, Reader in English at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
I would not call Norton's paragraph Bible a King James Bible. If you want to understand his methodology you might want to read his book, A Textual History of the King James Bible. (Be forewarned, his book is priced as if it were an important college textbook, even though it is kind of an advertisement for his own revision.) He's got some good info in there but basically throws out all of the testimony of the late 19th and early 20th century KJV printings to offer his own private edition that only modern Cambridge editors seemed to have any interest in. I would not recommend it.