Unconditional Election

Thanks Gord, I have read some of Loraine Boettner's work and found them good. I had the same trouble as I had with the last post but I emailed it to myself then saved it in the S/S module folder then downloaded it to S/S.

I was not aware of how many on this list believe in predestination.
Sorry...............do not agree.

I was not aware of how many on this list believe in predestination.
Sorry...............do not agree.

There's quite a large variety of doctrinal positions represented amongst SwordSearcher users.

I don't agree with the doctrine of "unconditional election" either. My election was conditioned on my belief in the gospel.
John 3:17-18 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And belief precedes the sealing of the Holy Spirit (ie, it doesn't come after being granted faith):
Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
That being said, two more things:

Predestination is a Bible word (Eph 1:5,11). The key is understanding what is predestinated. Those in Christ are predistinated to the adoption. We are in Christ by trusting in him.

Secondly, and finally, it is entirely within the purpose of this forum for people to announce their user modules. While I may not agree with the overall themes of some of the modules created and shared here, I have no issue with folks sharing them.

Absolutely..............and fully respect. Was just caught off guard a little on this site. Being that we have those who feel free to demonstrate their belief in unconditional election, I equally felt free to not agree in unconditional election. Meant no harm or disrespect to any one's person. This is a great forum and I can chew up the meat and spit out the bones as well as anyone.

If I could just harp into what you said- you are correct that predestination is a Bible word. You said it better than me..........."those IN Christ." Knowing we have various doctrinal beliefs in our members I respect others right to add personal modules that reflect their belief as it should be my right to agree or disagree.

I will concede it is not popular seeing all the positive vs negative comments when someone uploads a "free" module, however "unconditional election" is a very divisive doctrine that many do and do not support- me being one and strongly opposed. I am not a Calvinist.

Thanks,
Wes

It's hard to know what people believe by a thank you.

Indeed. I don't think everyone thanking Gord is a Calvinist either. :)

I probably set a bad example here by posting my thoughts on the topic at hand. They really should go in the Bible Doctrines and Other Topics forum. If this thread produces more posts I will probably move most of it to there.

Indeed. I don't think everyone thanking Gord is a Calvinist either. :)

I probably set a bad example here by posting my thoughts on the topic at hand. They really should go in the Bible Doctrines and Other Topics forum. If this thread produces more posts I will probably move most of it to there.

My bad.............having a Calvinist belief vs being a Calvinist in entirety. I apologize.

No need to feel bad about saying what you said. Maybe I should have been wiser and had more grace or placed it over in BIBLE DOCTRINES. I have been accustomed to seeing the majority of post's, messages, user modules of what I had mistakenly assumed were people of the same doctrine; I was wrong.

We can agree to disagree and move on.

Wes

I was wrong and was s

No sweat gang, reformers need modules too. :D

All the doctrine stuff gets discussed in the right forums, SwordSearcher is the software of choice of many Christians so don't be shocked, you won't loose your salvation over it. :smile:

Even French Quebecers, are trying to have a little room in here.....lolllllll
We're alive, and here IS a blessed place.(forum/blog)....
So we will rejoice and be glad in it ! ! ! :D AMEN !!!!!!
Ya'all be GREAT FULL to the LORD, for being able to talk, express, discuss, about your faith IN JESUS CHRIST, for it ain't that easy here in Quebec !!!!!!!
Been 5 years in southern Georgia USA where I was able to SHOUT my love to JESUS, but I am back in Quebec now for a short time, and man!, it ain't that easy.....:mad:
People are dead sleeping, and get mad when it's time to express your faith.
So sad!:cry:
Ya'all be blessed now........!:D

Thanks Bro much appreciated, and will be used by a new Calvinist.

:D

Just came across this guy the other day.I was shocked to see it posted.

Thanks Bro much appreciated, and will be used by a new Calvinist.

:D

Just came across this guy the other day.I was shocked to see it posted.

You are welcome.

Back