Ver 5 help

backflip

I wonder if I'm missing something, no doubt I am, but when I view the Bible panel in full page mode and wish to view a commentary, the commentary panel is always about 2" high and I need to drag it to enlarge it so I can read. I can't get it to 'fix' at the size I want and when I resume the full page Bible mode and again click on a commentary link, the panel has returned to its original size and I need to drag it yet again. I use the classic view with no search panel, but I don't think that is particularly relevant.
I now resort to using the F10 button after clicking on a link. This gives more space to the commentary panel. Is it possible to drag a panel to a desired size and have that become the default?
Thanks.

Because of the nearly unlimited number of possible configurations for the various panels (position and size), it's difficult to work with default sizes. As soon as one panel size or the size of the main window changes, any defaults for the other panels would be obsolete.

For the exact situation you describe, I can't really think of a workarond to avoid having to reset the size of the commentary panel at this time. I appreciate your report and will try to work on improving the functionality described.

Thanks,

Thanks Brandon, I appreciate your speedy response. You've done a great job with version 5 and I'm sure you will continue to make wee adjustments here and there.

God's blessings.
James

I wonder if I'm missing something, no doubt I am, but when I view the Bible panel in full page mode and wish to view a commentary, the commentary panel is always about 2" high and I need to drag it to enlarge it so I can read. I can't get it to 'fix' at the size I want and when I resume the full page Bible mode and again click on a commentary link, the panel has returned to its original size and I need to drag it yet again. I use the classic view with no search panel, but I don't think that is particularly relevant.
I now resort to using the F10 button after clicking on a link. This gives more space to the commentary panel. Is it possible to drag a panel to a desired size and have that become the default?
Thanks.

You can try this and see if it works for you:

Choose the Bible Left option for the setup (this might work with the Classic setup, too). Close all panels and then open the Bibles panel to full screen, then open the Commentaries panel and dock it to the bottom of the Bibles panel. Set the Com. panel to the size that you want and then put it on auto hide. When you click on a Commentary link in the Bibles panel, the Commentary panel should re-open to the size you set, and should be that size whenever you re-access it from the Bibles panel.

This setting will be saved when you exit the program. :)

You can try this and see if it works for you:

Choose the Bible Left option for the setup (this might work with the Classic setup, too). Close all panels and then open the Bibles panel to full screen, then open the Commentaries panel and dock it to the bottom of the Bibles panel. Set the Com. panel to the size that you want and then put it on auto hide. When you click on a Commentary link in the Bibles panel, the Commentary panel should re-open to the size you set, and should be that size whenever you re-access it from the Bibles panel.

This setting will be saved when you exit the program. :)

Good job Marty!

Back